🌟 .500.Years.20 🌟

♤♡◇♧

"When I was younger, I was told countless stories about a talented prodigy from the Asakura clan who was the younger sister of Yohken-sama, Hao-sama's descendant, who put an end to the great Buddhist monk's life along with a guardian spirit who goes by the name of Matamune. It was said that the younger sister was quite a beauty with unnatural talent. Her name was Rin Asakura. "Lazarus spoke in a soft voice as they lay under the stars, their backs softly pressed against the grass.

Yuto, for once, is quiet and silent, always so interested about family and clan history. She couldn't blame him. His ability to see the future has also given him the unbreakable habit of learning everything and anything about history. It was because there were tragedies that he didn't want to repeat, is what he told her.

The black haired shaman shifted from his position to get more comfortable.

"Lady Mother always told me that she resembled Ai in so many ways. She always used to say that Rin-sama had beautiful flaming red hair and eyes as precious like two lovely jewels made of the rarest amethyst. " His tone grew softer. "Just like you....Akageno-chan."

Ai closed her eyes, not wanting to see his expression. How long has it been? Since they had story time? It's been years since the day that everything was still peaceful and full of normalcy. What had destroyed it? What had been the caused of all this?

The answer was simple. So, so simple. Yet Ai could not bring herself to cross that line of thought.

Lazarus suddenly laughed aloud. "But Rin-sama died hundreds of years ago! And Akageno-chan couldn't possibly be her. Besides..." Ai could feel her heart pounding, the epiphany of what he was about to say caused a rough ache in her chest. ".. Rin-sama died due to fire. She was killed by Hao-sama when she was at the age of marriage and at that time, it was said that she was carrying his child. "

Ai felt her gut wrenched while Lazarus laughed again. There are invisible hands trying to choke her and she suddenly felt the lack of air in her lungs. Those bold words haunted her and Ai unconsciously hovered a hand over her stomach. She didn't dare touch the surface. Her eyes were wide and blank. A part of her was screaming and crying inside and weeping for something that was once lost. Another part of her was filled with rage and agony because of the life she once had inside her.

Because during five hundred years ago, she parted with someone important.

Lazarus began to speak again, not noticing the air of discomfort around Ai.

"But that part is just a rumor! Lady Mother said that Rin-sama died in the Shaman Tournament and not even her ashes was left to bury. So there was no confirmation if she was indeed pregnant at that time."

Ai closed her eyes more firmly and tried to make her body relax as if nothing was heard and nothing happened decades ago.

Ai hoped that the music loving shaman would take the hint and stop but he didn't. He was completely oblivious to her internal suffering and he kept going as if it was the most interesting thing to talk about.

"I've always wanted to ask Hao-sama about this and he can read my mind... but Hao-sama still doesn't answer so I merely thought that he didn't remember or it was a sore topic for him. Or it was the fact that everything that Lady Mother said was true." The musician shrugged nonchalantly. "It bugs me even to this day, Yuto-chan!" He whined.

"You know the past, right? Tell me if it's true or not!" He childishly demanded, a grin on his face. Ai could just imagine the look of playfulness on his face and the mischievous expression he's using to pressure Yuto.