🌟. 500.Years.4 . 🌟

♣️♠️♥️♦️

"Such a pretty child!  Don't you think so?" A woman was smiling proudly. A man was looking down at her. And a little boy was stealing quick glances from afar.

"Come Yohken. You must meet your new sibling." The woman said and the boy--who was named Yohken--walked to look at Ai.

"She's so small, mother.. " The boy commented, lightly touching her chubby cheeks and soft infant skin.

"She is. But Rin will grow. Just like you, Yohken." The man said to the boy. "She's your responsibility now. Grow stronger and protect her. "

His lips twitched upward into a happy smile. Pressing his hands to hers, he felt a sudden change inside him.

This was his sister. It was now his responsibility to care for her and he would not disappoint his parents.

Yohken obeyed his mother and father without any complaints. Watching over Rin had been fun and exciting. It was a new and different experience than his omnyouji trainings and lessons.

He had never been good at interacting with the opposite sex but his sister gave him a new outlook. Girls are different than boys... He realized this.

As months passed by, Yohken had noticed something odd about her younger sister, Rin.

Infants were supposed to be loud, demanding and crying all the time. But he found out that Rin was different. She was oddly silent and well-behaved for a babe.

Sure. She would cry when she's hungry but other times, she was mostly quiet and peaceful. He would sometimes talk to her and she would look at him as if she knew what he was saying.

It had bothered him but he soon dismissed the idea since he assumed that Rin was special. His parents told him themselves.

Rin was blessed and favored by the Great Spirit. Even when a snake had wandered around their home and slithered towards her, fire had incarnated to devour the snake as a whole, leaving nothing but ashes.

It was such a strange phenomenon because he was the only one who had witnessed it. Yohken didn't know what to think whenever he would look at Rin.

She was different and unique. It was also the first time he was going to handle a younger sibling.

When he spoke to his parents about this, they merely smiled, knowing that Rin was truly safe and protected by the Great Spirit. This proved that nothing bad would ever happen to her.

Yohken was displeased. His parents were too oblivious afterall.

More years passed and he had began his training to become an even stronger Shaman in order to defeat Hao Asakura.

Rin had also grown considerably throughout the years. Everything she did surprised Yohken.

She had easily channeled and called Spirits like an Itako at the tender age of four. Rin had summoned a lot of spirits from everywhere, even those that had gone to heaven.

She was also able to summon a great deal of shikigami from the fallen leaves below the ground.

It was a technique used for killing whereby the spirits of the ground are bound to the leaves or bits of paper. The user can control them as they please. Throughout the history of Japan, they have been used for many purposes.

Household chores. Delivering messages. Assassination.

Other than that, Rin had also informed Yohken about a tornado in her dream whom he knew as the Great Spirit. This seemed to have classified her as a Miko as well..