🌟 .500.years.3 🌟

♣️♠️♥️♦️

Ai was panting and sweating too much from training. She was secretly practicing during the night where no one was awake.

There was an impending urge to grow stronger as day and night passed.

Ai felt responsible for what happened to Hao because of her weakness. What if she didn't die that time?

Would Hao change or stay the same? Questions that were unanswered were flooding her mind. It was a good thing that Hao was unable to read her mind. For some reason, it was closed off.

Hao told her that no matter what he did, he couldn't hear any of her thoughts and it was rather disappoining because he was curious of Ai's mind and what was going on inside of it.

Ai thought that having the ability to read other people's mind was a cheat. It was an invasion of privacy and the idea of reading other people's thoughts were simply unbecoming to her. It was not something she wished to do even if she was given the opportunity to do so.

She valued privacy a lot.

But Hao was different. He was used to it and he sometimes felt paranoid around her because he couldn't read her mind.

He was so used to hearing other people's thoughts that being unable to read one in particular is upsetting.

More importantly, it was Ai's.

Ai on the other hand, was very much happy that she could keep her thoughts to herself without having the fear of someone reading her mind.

She was thankful for that. Because if Hao could read her mind, it won't be good.

♦️♣️♥️♠️

Ai was sitting alone in her room, cataloguing all the spells and arts both Hao and her had learned and mastered. Hao called the book Chou Senji Ryakketsu, calling it his greatest work.

Ai paused for a bit. A thought suddenly came to her mind. Was it right to help Hao in finishing this book?

She felt uneasy for a moment before shaking her head and writing diligently whilst humming to no one. She felt something brushed on her elbow . She didn't have to avert her gaze from the book because she knew that it was the two-tailed cat, Matamune.

"What brings you here, Matamune? " She asked, eyes trailing over the feline.

"Forgive me for the intrusion, Ai-sama. But I have an important message to say. " She smiled at him.

"It's fine. So what is it that I should know? " Matamune kept silent for a while, watching her brush make elegant strokes on the paper.

Ai was certainly beautiful and pleasing to the eye. She barely left her room because Hao forbade her from going outside without him. She was obedient and she rarely ever shows refusal to his master's advances.

Sure, she was a nice woman and a kind-hearted one but she was still the cause of Hao's obsession. Her presence was further corrupting his master even though it was unintentional.

Matamune knows that she was innocent but if this continues..

"Ai-sama. You are aware, right? " The brush paused and he was sure that he had caught her attention.