Chapter 27

*DIANA'S POV*

I walk into school the next morning to see Shawn and Jake already at our spot. But not to my surprise, Shawn has the biggest grin on his face. I know that his smile has to do with Valerie. So, I odn't even bother to ask him and I just let him be. 

Jake is of course on his phone. I swear the boy is on his phone more than the average teenage right is. But these are the reasons I'm in love with him. As I'm to the boys, I look up at the banner in the hallway that read "PROM COUNTDOWN: 3 MORE DAYS"  And next to that banner, there's another one that says: "SENIOR COUNTDOWN: 2 MORE WEEKS"

Even though Jake, Valerie's, and I's Junior Prom and Shawn's Senior Prom, it doens't feel like that. This whole school year has gone by so fast. And to be quite honest, I don't like that. In a few short months, Shawn's going to graduating, Jake, Valerie, and I are all going to be Seniors. 

I push these thoughts to the back of my head that way I can enjoy my last 2 weeks with Shawn and my last month and a half as a Junior. 

"Hey baby." Jake says as I walk over to them. 

"Hi." I reply kissing Jake's check. 

****SKIPPING SCHOOL AND STARTING FRIDAY MORNING: THE MORNING OF PROM****

 "DIANA, GET UPPP! IT'S PROM DAY!" Valerie yells as she jumps on my bed at 6:10 Friday morning.

"I know, just let me sleep! Just because it's Prom day doesn't mean I have to dress all fancy for school. I still plan to bum it for school." I complain then roll back over while pulling my blanket over my head. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP 

My alarm clock goes off at 7:00 so now I get up and head into the bathroom to take a shower. The shower doesn't take too long so when I get out I walk right into my room with my hair up in a towel and a towel wrapped around my body.

"Get out turd." I say to Valerie as she leaves my room. I walk to my dresser to get a pair of panties and a bra. I throw them onto my bed and walk over my closet to get clothes for today. Since, today I plan to be lazy. 

I grab a pair of black leggings and an American Eagle sweater. After choosing my clothes for today I get dressed and walked into the bathroom. When I get into the bathroom, I take the towel off my head and begin to brush my hair out. 

Since I'm too lazy to do anything with it, I just decide to put it up in a messy bun. And do no makeup. 

****SKIPPING TO SCHOOL****

I finally get to school and already see Jake and Shawn in our spot. 

"Morning babe." Jake says as he leans down to kiss me. Due to the height difference. 

School today surprisningly went fast. Which it never does. So instead of getting a ride home from Jake, I just get my mom to pick me up from school so I can get home quick and start getting ready. 

By the time I get home Valerie has already taken over my bathroom and has started to take a shower. So while she takes her shower, I sit down at my desk in my room and get a start on some of the homework I have that needs to be done by Monday. 

About 10 minutes later Valerie comes out of the bathroom with her hair in a towel and dressed in a pair of my sweat pants and a tanktop of hers. I have to wait about 3 minutes for the bathroom to fog out before I take my shower. But once it fogs out I take another quick shower. 

After my shower I pretty much get dressed the same way Valerie is. Since we still have a few hours to spare until we get our dresses on, our dates over, and to get take pictures, her and I decide to do our nails. 

I paint Valerie's nails hot pink to match her dress and she paints mine teal to match my dress. After our nails dry we both split up into two different bathrooms to do our hair and makeup. I decide to curl my hair and do a simple makeup job.

With my hair curled, I take back the two sides in the front and wrap them to the back on my head and conjoin them together by a sparkly clip I got from Forever 21.

Once I got down my hair and makeup I walk out of the bathroom I was in and into my room to see Valerie sitting on my bed on snapchat. Her hair was so simple but yet effective. She had it in a side fishtail braid.

But since she has her underneath layer of hair red, it make the braid look to much prettier. For her makeup she went with a dark eye shadow due to her blue eyes. The dark eye shadow really made the blue stand out. 

We only had about 5 minutes until Shawn and Jake are going to be here for pictures and dinner. So Valerie and I go into the bathrooms yet again and get our dresses and shoes on. 

"Valerie.. you look stunning." I say to her as she walks out of the bathroom.

"Ditto to you to darling." Valerie says with the biggest smile on her face.

DING DONG

The bell goes off so now we know that Jake and Shawn are here. Valerie and I walk down the stairs to be greated with two of the most handsome boys I have ever seen.