Chapter 23

•DIANAS POV•

I walk into school with confidence for the first time since middle school. Ever since my parents told me about my The Voice audition, I've actually felt better about myself.

But, there's only one issue... I don't have an audition song! I have two picked out. Either A- Team by Ed Sheern or All Of Me by John Legend.

Anyways, when I get to school I automatically walk over to the chorus room.

"Hey Z." I say to my teacher as he welcomes me in.

"Well good morning to you too."

"I have FANTASTIC news!"

"Well what is it!?" Z says getting excited.

"My parents are letting me audition for The Voice this summer!!"

"Congratulations sweetheart!"

"Haha thanks."

After talking to Z about everything, I take my book bag and walk back over to the vending machines where I meet Chrissy, Shawn, and Jake.

I guess I walked over at a perfect time because Shawn and Jake just got here. Only thing was, Chrissy wasn't there.

But then I thought about what we talked about Friday night at the lacrosse game about her and Randy spending more time together.

"Hey princess." Jake greets me as I walk over with a smile on my face and tea in my hand. Like usual.

"Hey boo."

"How are you?"

"Amazing, I have you." I say to Jake with the biggest smile on my face as I get on my tip toes kissing Jake on the lips.

The 3 of us stand around waiting for class to start.

••••SKIPPING THE REST OF SCHOOL UNTIL THE END AT JAKE'S CAR••••

After school Shawn, Jake, and I all meet up at Jake's car like any other day. Since we all haven't been to Shawn's in like forever.

Literally. We all agree to head to Shawn's.

The first thing we do when we get to his house was head straight to the kitchen and put a pizza in the oven.

As we wait for the pizza, Jake takes over the TV and puts on the music channel. And of course A- Team comes on and as always I burst out the lyrics along.

When the song ends Jake and Shawn both have their eyes locked onto me.

"Can I help you?" I say and shoot a giggle out at them.

"That's. The. Song." Shawn says as Jake still looks at me in silence and in awe.

"You really think so?" I blush and bite my lower lip on the left side.

"Yes! You sang that perfectly baby!" Jake says snapping out of his trace he was out in.

And with that said the pizza gets down and Shawn take it out of the oven. We all sit around in the living room eating pizza, listening to music, and talking.

Once all that snazzy things get done we decide to lay around and watch reruns of Teen Wolf on Netflix.

We spend maybe 2 hours watching Teen Wolf until I decide that I need to get home and get my homework done and out of the way so I can start practicing for my audition.

•SHAWN'S POV•

When Diana was singing my heart just raced. I don't know if it was from her singing or just her in total. I surely hope not.

But not in a bad way. The reason I say I hope not is because she's my best friends girlfriend.

I played him one but I couldn't do it again. But, when Jake and Diana were talking about prom, she brought up her friend Valerie.

Yes, the Valerie that I had a thing with before. It turns out that she will be in town for prom.

I've missed her so much since I've left. Maybe I could ask her to prom and maybe she get back. She was my one true love.