Chapter 8

*DIANA'S POV*

<<<< END OF DAY BELL >>>>

The bell for school to be over finally went off. I never thought today would end. All my classes today seemed to be forever, which they normally don't. For once, I was happy about my classes though. Apparently, people saw Jake and I at the baseball fields yesterday cause I had several guys from the football and lacrosse team say that they heard from their girlfriends that they apparently saw Jake and I making out on the bleacher's. I hope that Jake doesn't hear about that this because I don't want him thinking that I'm telling the whole school that we're dating when in all reality, we're just going to prom together.

I walk in the hall going out to meet Jake at his car when I ran into Chrissy. Then the thought hit me that I haven't told her about the recent news about Jake and I! I start walking over to Chrissy. "Hey, Chrissy wait up! I need to talk to you!"

I shout at Chrissy while speed walking to meet up with her. All she does it look back to see who was calling her name. When she noticed who it was she gave me a death glare and walked away with this guy Randy. Randy is this guy that I have like in love with for god knows how long. She always told me how much she hated him for all the times he's played me and hurt me like he did. Why did she just give me the death look? Even more of a question, why did she look away and walk with Randy? Like out of all people, I never would've thought she'd be walking with Randy. What confused me the most about her being with Randy in the hall was that she was holding his hand. But the amusing this about seeing them together was the height. Chrissy is a petit little girl while Randy is a tall and muscular guy. His fingers literally wrap over hers from the size different. I just want to know what I did to make her do this?!

*CHRISSY'S POV*

I was sitting in my 3rd block class with Dylan (a guy from our football team) when I heard his girlfriend Mckaila talking about Diana and Jake. At first I got happy because she actually took the chance and to write and give Jake that note. Until, I heard her say to Dylan that they're dating. When I heard that I actually got pissed off at her. I'm one of her best friends and she didn't tell me anything?! She obviously didn't even try to keep it a secret since they were apparently making out on the bleachers at the baseball fields.

If she was really trying to keep it a secret from people then she wouldn't have made out with him right out in the open. So during my 4th block class I sat in my seat thinking of ways I can get back at her. Then it hit me, I can flirt with Randy and possibly date him. I get up out of my seat and walk over to him to partner up with him during a group project. That way I can be sure that during that class I can flirt my ass off with him. But, I'm not going to lie, Randy is pretty damn attractive if you ask me. Tall, blonde, good body, and did I mention... HE CAN FREAKING SING?!??!! He's pretty much any girls dream guy to have. A major plus is how sweet he is to everyone.

Throughout this entire class period I leave my hand on his thigh causing him to tense up. Once he got more relaxed about my hand being there he started to move his hand to mine and interlock our fingers together. For some reason, I got butterflies in my stomach and my anxiety/nerve levels sky rocketed to points that they've never been to before causing me to blush. Then I started thinking to myself, could I actually like Randy?

No, I couldn't. After everything that I know he's done to girls I know I couldn't actually like this kid. The bell rang for school to be over I gathered up my books and started to walk out the door when a large arm/hand reached between my back and book bag and rested their large hand on my waist. When their hand first touched my waist, I got really scared because I didn't know who it was until they pulled me close to their body and I knew it was Randy. The moment I knew it was Randy I just rested into his side and let him guide me to where ever. Randy took me over to the vending machines by the cafeteria since we were both staying after for math tutoring, we didn't have to be their until the 2 bussers had to get to their busses. So him and I stood their hand in hand with his friends waiting until I heard someone call my name from behind.

"Hey, Chrissy wait up! I need to talk to you!" they yelled at me. I turned around to see that the person calling for me was Diana. I had absolutely nothing to say to her at all. So I just grabbed onto Randy's hand even harder and walked away with him off to somewhere that she wouldn't be.

*DIANA'S POV*

After all that went on with Chrissy I walked out of the front door and pass the busses over to where Jake parked his car. As I got closer to his car I saw him standing there by the drivers side. He was standing their with some of his team members from lacrosse. Once he looked up and saw that I was heading towards his car he must've told his friends something because they all did that typical guy hand shake and they all walked away. As they walked off Jake opened up the car door for me yet again. I got into the car, Jake closed the car door for me and jogs around the front to his side as I put my book bag in the back of the car and my now empty tea cup.

"Hey, Jake..." I say noticing the nervousness in my own voice.

"I need to talk to you..." Noticing a lump in my voice and my voice getting raspy....