Chapter 12

*DIANA'S POV*

Shawn reaches for my free hand. As I see him reach for it my stomach starts turning. My anxiety is starting to take over once again. He grabs me hand as kisses it then lets go of it.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this."

I say this and begin to run off towards my house which is only a few streets away from Shawn's. I can't believe I just did that. Jake must be freaking out cause he's never seen me do that ever. Shawn must be full blast embarrassed right now. I sure as hell know I am right now.

I haven't got a clue why my anxiety took over when he kissed my hand. Shawn's just like Jake and I. But then again he's not. He's such a cutie. His bright hazel eyes shined so bright outside. When he was looking at me before he took my hand, I got so lost in his eyes it was unreal.

I still can't get over the fact that I pretty much just ditched them. But at the same time it could be good. They haven't seen each other in like forever so it gives them time to catch up.

*JAKE'S POV*

"DUDE, WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" I couldn't help but yell this at Shawn. He just made Diana run off. I knew she had anxiety but I never knew that it was this bad.

"Jake, honestly, I didn't think that would happen. I was just trying to be friendly. That just may have been too far. But, I just couldn't help it. Diana's beautiful..." Shawn says this and by the time he says she's beautiful he's looking down at the ground drifting off with the last part.

I can't believe he just said that. Diana is my girl. Shawn better not repeat what happened in the 9th grade with Valerie. He got off the first time, but he's not getting away with it this time. Valerie was one thing but Diana, that's a whole different story. I love her. No one can take her from me.

*DIANA'S POV*

Finally, I see my house. Once I get inside my house, I run straight up into my room. I slammed my door and slid my back down it and busted out into tears. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. Normally I can control my anxiety when it gets like this.

Today, everything seemed so real. I was meeting (well I kind of did) my musical idol. I've never been this embarrassed before. And trust me when I say this, I've done some pretty embarrassing things. Like when I was at a camp with some friends over the summer, my dumb self decided to fall over the top of the bunk bed I was sleeping in.

I finally stopped sobbing after about a good 20 minutes or so and checked my phone. I had over 10 missed calls and about 30-35 text messages. All of them were from Valerie, Jake, and Shawn. Surprisingly, I had a text message from Chrissy.

Since I haven't heard from Chrissy since that night at the baseball fields with Jake, I choose to check the message from her first.

**TEXT FROM CHRISSY**

FROM CHRISSY: You know, I thought we were actually friends. But I guess not. You hid everything about Jake from me. We're done Diana, I can't believe you. Go have fun with Jake and do what you do best... Lead guys on.

I can't believe that Chrissy really just said that. Her and I have been basically best friends for god knows how long and now over one little thing she's going to throw it all away? For some reason I have a feeling that the master mind behind all of this is Randy. Ever since the 9th grade he's been leading me on then dropping me into pieces out of no where.

Randy never seemed to like me or want my attention until I was talking to another guy. But he's never went as low as going for my best friend like he's done with Chrissy.

I'm not even going to bother with them because I know that all this is, is just to make me jealous of them too which is never going to work because I know how Randy is with girls. So for now, I'm just not going to let it bug me.

Finally, I decide to call Jake back letting him know that I'm okay. The phone only rings for about 2-3 rings until he answers.

"Diana, it's about time I get a response out of you! Where are you?!?" I can hear the panic and concern in Jake's phone causing me to feel absolutely horrible for running off like I did with no warning at all.

"I'm at home."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, Jake I'm fine. My anxiety just got to me is all"

"I'll be right over. I love you."

I didn't even have enough time to reply back to Jake before he hung up. Now that Jake knows that I'm okay I need to let Shawn know. To be honest, I'm horrified to call Shawn and let him know. Well, a main thing going through my mind is how did Shawn even get my number... Then it hit me. Jake must've given him my number when I ran off and didn't answer my phone for all that time.

**PHONE CALL WITH SHAWN**

Me- Uh hi Shawn..

Shawn- Diana! Oh my god you're okay! I'm so so so sorry about earlier. I just was trying to be sweet but I guess I went a little too much with it.

Me- No no, Shawn you're fine. It happens a lot to me actually. It's no big deal. Honestly.

**DOOR BELL RINGS AT DIANA'S HOUSE**

Me- Hey Shawn, I hate to be rude and just go but someone's at my door. I have to go. I'll call or text you later alright?

Shawn- Alright Diana, I'm just glad you're okay.

**PHONE CALL ENDS**

And with that our phone call ended.