Chapter 9

*JAKE'S POV*

I came out to my car right as the bell rings to wait for Diana. I know that she won't be out right away since the hallways get extremely crowded at this time of the day. Everyone wanting to leave school at the same time does get crowded. But this way, Diana won't have to wait for me. As I wait for Diana my friends from lacrosse come over and start talking to me about games and what not.

All of the sudden my buddy Justin got pretty quite and looked up past our buddy Keith. He must've spotted some girl because his eyes got really wide. So I decided to look up and see who he was have google eyes over. The moment I saw who it was I actually started to get mad. I can't believe that Justin is staring at Diana like that. She's my girl and no one can have her but me.

Diana got closer to my car so I let the guys know that I have to get going cause Diana and I need to go home and study for a huge unit test in Physiology. Most of the guys bought that excuse except for Justin and Keith. They both gave me the look that says 'get in in boy'. I pretty much just ignored that look and said bye to them.

I walk around the car and open up her door like I always do for her. 

"Hey, Jake...?" Diana says with some sort of resistance in her voice. "I need to talk to you..." As she said that I quite honestly got nervous on what this was about. Normally any conversation that starts of like that never ends well for the other person.

"Of course. What's on your mind beautiful?" I respond back even though I'm absolutely terrified of what her answer is.

"Well last night when we were at the baseball fields, Mckaila saw us on the bleachers kissing. Word got around the school that we are dating. Which I know for a fact isn't true and that we're just going to prom together. I didn't know if you knew or not about that rumor so I thought I'd let you know about it from me so you don't think that I'm the one telling people."

I hear her getting pretty raspy while telling me that. By the time she finished explaining the whole story to me she put her head down so that way she can't see me and I can't see her face. Honestly, I'm happy it's about this and she's not canceling our date to prom.

"Diana, it's fine. And yes, I did hear this rumor. I knew that you wouldn't do this so don't worry about it." As I say this I pull into my drive way since I don't live that far from the school. Once I put the car in park I reach over for Diana's chin since her head is still facing down and put my pointer finger under her chin and brush my thumb over her chin. I lift her head up and look directly into her sparkling brown eyes.

"Diana, I love you." Before she even has a chance to respond to pull her face towards my and lock her lips into a passionate kiss. It was more than just a kiss though, it actually meant something. I pull away and she looks up at me.

"I love you too, Jake."

*DIANA'S POV*

"I love you too, Jake." Did he really just tell me that he loves me?! Even better, did I just tell him that I love him?! My head starts spinning and I get light headed.

"Do you think we could head inside for a bit?" I say to Jake cause I feel as if I'm about to pass out. "Sure babe." He says while getting out of the car and running over to my door and opening it like he always does. Jake grabs his book bag and other school things and I just leave mine since I'll have to go back and get them anyways.

As I start to get up out of the car, Jake reaches his hand out and I take his offer and grab his hand. He interlocks our fingers and leads me into his house. The moment I walked in I knew I was in love with his house. It was huge! Like don't get me wrong, my house was pretty big but no where as near big as his.

"Would you like something to drink, Darling?" he asks me while walking towards the kitchen. "Just a water will do." I respond walking towards the couch that sits but the kitchen. At this point my head was pretty much pounding. So I take this opportunity to lay down and try to relax.

By the time I lay down Jake comes in with a bottle of water for me. "Hey, make room for me babe." He says. I didn't even realize that I was taking up the whole couch. I sit up a bit allowing Jake to have a spot on the couch. Once he sits down I lay my head back down but this time on his lap.

I'm looking up at Jake and he's looking down at me while playing with my hair.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" Jake asks me while smiling.