[Chapter Eight]

Chapter Eight – Chase's Pov

I was seriously worried about her when I took her home but I didn't know what to do. She was so fucking stubborn all the damn time and I didn't know how to get through to her.

She was killing herself slowly and that was about to stop.

I don't care if she hates me for it but she was going to relax on all of this, she would be home every fucking night and she will eat. What she was doing to herself was unacceptable and I wouldn't stand by any longer and watch it.

She slept almost the whole next day and she needed it, without make up she had dark circles under her eyes and she looked paler than usual and she's definitely lost a noticeable amount of weight.

I called Monica over to stay with Brylee while I went to work and that was hard, I didn't want to leave her but in order to keep up so she stopped freaking out I had to.

It was the worst damn day ever; I just wanted to call and made sure she was okay.

"How is she?" Riley came in and I shrugged

"Not good really." I sighed and he nodded

"I'm sorry for screwing it all up; she shouldn't have had to fix it." he sat in the chair across from me

"You weren't the only one. I should have been focused more on it, I knew what was going on and I should have been watching harder and it's not like I focused on it much either, it was my job too." I mumbled. I should have worked it with him, and I didn't.

"I guess we both fucked up." He sighed

"And Brylee paid for it, again." I swallowed hard at the last time she paid for one of our stupid mistakes.

"You guys are going to be great parents one day." He looked away from me

"It wasn't your fault you know, the doctor said that with or without that she would have lost the baby."

"We don't know that though." The guilt he felt was eating him up inside

"How about we focus on what we can do to help her now. Brylee and I will have a baby when we're ready and I for one am willing to put in the effort to practice." I said and he threw a notebook at me ad I dodged to the side laughing

"Dude, that's my sister, I don't want to hear that shit."

"I'm surprised you can't hear it at night anyway." He threw another one at me and this one got me in the chest and I laughed harder

"Prick." He mumbled and I shrugged

"I'm just messing with you." Brylee and I hadn't had sex in a long ass time, nothing for him to hear; especially when she isn't even home. He left moping and we rushed to finish up so I could get home to her and when I did she was sleeping.

"She woke up for about a half hour before and has been sleeping since." Monica came in and I nodded

"Thank you for staying with her."

"Of course, she's my sister." She rested her hand on her swollen stomach and I wished that Brylee could have that with them.

"I know. Now you go relax, take care of that little one." I gestured to her stomach and her smile was amazing when she thought about the little baby growing inside her.

"I know it's hard for you two." She put a hand on my shoulder when I looked away.

"Yeah." I didn't know what else to say

"What's meant to be will, give it time." she kissed my cheek and left so I stripped out of my work clothes and curled up in bed with her just needing to be near her.