[Chapter Forty-Five]

Chapter Forty-Five

Rochelle didn't sleep too peacefully and Scott was knocking on the door with Michael at seven in the morning, I expected him earlier to be honest.

"Hey Brylee, Rochelle still here?" he asked though I'm sure he parked behind her car in the driveway.

"Come on," I held my arms out and Michael came to me "She's in the kitchen."

"Thank you." I held back a bit and watched Rochelle's eyes fill with tears when she saw him and he hugged her instantly.

"I'll give you a minute." Chase excused himself from the kitchen and spied on them with me. He handed me my tea and I bounced Michael and gave him enough attention to keep him happy while we looked in on them.

"I can't fix it if you don't tell me what's wrong." Scott knew her and he knew something was wrong when she sent him 'staying at Brys' last night and nothing else, no other response. It wasn't like her.

"You can't fix this Scott, I'm so sorry." She put her head in her hands and she was going to make herself sick if she wasn't careful.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" he asked her, she didn't try hiding it.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't plan for this, I know we weren't thinking about any more for another few years." She looked over at him and he just nodded

"I thought you were on the pill." I listened just in case someone needed to step in, this was his mistake too and I understand it's a surprise, but they both know how babies are made and are both old enough to know better.

"I was! I don't know what happened, but I just know it happened." They really needed to use condoms in addition, otherwise they accept when the birth control fails and accept the baby that will be the result.

"Why didn't you just tell me instead of disappearing, I found the box Rochelle and I'm not stupid." He grabbed her hand when she started fiddling them.

"I just needed my best friend; I'm not ready for another baby. I love Michael but I'm not ready." She started crying again and he pulled her closer. He was kneeling in front of her and she was breaking my heart. Chase took Michael upstairs when he started getting fussy seeing mommy crying.

"Do you want to keep the baby? We have three options here Rochelle, and I will stand by either of your decisions." My eyes widened at the option that they may not keep the baby.

"I would never have an abortion Scott, is that what you want?" She pulled away from him and looked at him like he was some kind of enemy right now.

"Personally, no; but I don't want to influence your choices either. It's your body Rochelle and after freaking out about this all night, I'm okay now. We were waiting in large for finances. We wanted a house before another baby, but now we're putting an offer on a house and money isn't a huge stress anymore. Look at Brylee and Chase; do you think they expected two kids? I want as many children with you as you are willing to give me Rochelle. I love you; you're my wife and the mother of my son, as well as the most beautiful woman in the world."

I was glad to see that the money helped them so much, they could now afford a nice house to accommodate for the kids they would have, though I put them at the max amount of three. They'll probably have another one later.

I didn't like that they had been stressing so much before, though it was a large relief to their bank account when I paid for the majority of their wedding.

Rochelle always struggled because she used to be so damn irresponsible with her money, which is why she didn't get much until she settled down, she would have blown through so much money and hated herself for it later.