[Chapter Forty-Two]

Chapter Forty-Two

The day after we announced the news, Rochelle and Scott left for their honeymoon and I was happy knowing that now they can do anything they could dream of together and really relax. Scott's mother took Michael while they're away and a baby free week would do them good.

As soon as they left I felt relieved though, I loved her and I love Chase but I was over weddings and wedding planning. It felt almost like Chase and I put our relationship on hold to help Rochelle and now it was like a second honeymoon.

As soon as we walked through the door, the clothes came off; sometimes we couldn't even wait that long though.

We still pulled twelve hour days and I was blaming my pregnancy for those long lunch breaks we had been taking since we couldn't spend those extra four hours a day in bed.

Life was draining and I didn't know how much longer I could keep these hectic hours up. I was tired and sick all the time which made working difficult and Riley didn't want to hear that we needed help. We took on the company when it was much smaller and it's doubled the business in five years.

We were doing twice the work with the same amount of people and it wasn't only unfair to us, but it was unfair to the employees and getting Riley to agree to hire more people was like pulling teeth; actually I think pulling teeth would be easier.

I don't think Riley realized just how badly him taking all that time killed Chase and I, the strain it put on us with that and the babies and the wedding. I don't think Riley realizes that in thirty weeks, give or take, I will be having twins.

That was still a strange thought, twins.

Chase and I would be parents of twins and I wouldn't be working for a while, Chase would be taking time off; what did Riley think was going to happen when that time came?

He hadn't thought that far ahead and that's a problem because we need time to train people but anytime I tried to bring it up, he didn't want to hear it.

It's gotten to the point where I had to call Chase and Riley into a meeting and ambush them with the truth, they weren't going to like it but something needed to be done.

At the thought or suggestion of bringing someone else in to help at the level the three of us were at, Riley lost it because he didn't fucking get it. He was the one who came in last of the tree of us most days to spend the morning helping get Lina and Mia ready for school. He was the one who left late to be home with his wife and kids. I was the one who was first in and last out. I was the one that pulled the long days and did the most of the work.

I did everything they did and then had to take the time to make sure things were filled out properly and organize; I did more work than any of the boys realized and it seemed like they suddenly forgot how fucked up things got when I had to take time off work.

"Riley, we need to hire someone else. You took months off when Miguel was born and Chase will be too. Are you going to do it all by yourself?" I was yelling now because I was tired of his inability to budge. I was tired of working twelve hours or more every day, I was just tired.

"Can't Chase work from home?" Riley asked and I was ready to fucking loose it.

"You are so god damn selfish Riley, you don't give a damn that I am fucking pregnant and am working myself to fucking death while you get to come in late and go home on time and play husband and daddy. Chase and I don't get to do that." Since we started dating Chase started staying later with me, he didn't use to.

I don't think he knew how much time I spent here until he left a few times and he fell asleep before I got home.

"This was mom and dad's, we're not giving it up, not even a part." Riley was stubborn