[Chapter Twenty-Five]

Chapter Twenty-Five

I felt like I got no sleep and I wasn't even the one with a newborn.

Riley was on leave from work to spend time with Monica which meant Chase and I worked every single day and that I had to try to do Riley's stuff which made no sense to me, you would think after knowing him my whole life I would be able to read his damn handwriting, but no.

Then there was the wedding and Rochelle had thought she was going into labor but it was a false alarm which I'm glad she had because Scott was a fucking wreck. For being the one who was always calm and collected he completely panicked when she thought she was going into labor, hopefully that didn't happen again.

Miguel was barley three weeks old when I got a call at two in the morning from Rochelle, which I groggily answered

"It's time!" she screamed and I cringed as I pulled the phone from my ear

"Are you sure this time?" I yawned not really thinking much of it since they told her she wasn't going into labor only four days ago.

"Yes, I'm at the hospital and I'm dilating and the doctor said yes, it's real this time. Oh god Brylee please come." She went from frantic to terrified tears and now I was awake, damn, I couldn't even have a month in-between my Nephews coming? They were both early.

"I'll be there, do you need anything?" I asked her and I heard a choked sob.

"Riley, I need Riley." She told me and I felt for her, her parents weren't going to be there and Scott didn't know what he was doing.

"I'll get him okay honey, just take some deep breaths." I told her trying to sound as soothing as I could for her, she didn't need me freaking out to add to what she was feeling.

"Okay." I listened to her take them and I woke Chase up when I stumbled out of bed. I was going in sweats and a t-shirt and I didn't care what anyone thought.

"What's going on?" Chase groaned

"Monica's having the baby but she's not close to delivering, I'll call you later when she gets closer, she's just scared right now." I gave him a kiss and she wouldn't let me off the phone so I had to go next door and just go into Riley's house.

I was quiet as I went up to his room but he wasn't there and so I went to Miguel's room and he was putting him back in his crib, I stepped back and waited for him to be done and shut the door before I spoke.

"Hey." I whispered and he jumped

"What are you doing here?" he asked in a hushed whisper, he wasn't mad just curious.

"Rochelle's having the baby." I told him

"Oh damn." He told me and I gave him a weak smile

"She needs you. Her mom's in Europe and her dad's in South Africa and she keeps saying Scotts useless. So she needs someone who knows what they're doing and I'm afraid that Scott's going to end up in tears with her yelling at him." I'd been listening to her on the phone and she was an absolute mess.

"He shouldn't take it to heart, Monica told me that she hated me and would rather kill herself than marry me when She was in labor with the twins." Riley said with a smile, dad had told him the same thing, don't take anything she says to heart, she doesn't mean it and she loves you.

"Will you come with me?" I asked and he nodded. I heard him tell Monica he was leaving and he came out in sweats and a t-shirt too and I drove us to the hospital, when we walked into her room something was just flying against the wall.

"You're useless right now! Damn it Scott I'm about to push your fucking kid out!" she screamed at him and he looked beyond terrified of her. If more couples had to go through this first I bet less people would get married.