The Last Stand

The Real Deal

Chapter 31:

THE LAST STAND

-JAMES' POV-

Another 2 days of hoping and praying for Ashton has passed, but still, he is not awake. I guess fate is very hard to control.

I was talking to Kacey when someone hugged Kacey from behind.

IT WAS ELLA.

"Im so sorry, Kacey! Im so sorry about my father! PLEASE FORGIVE HIM! IM SO SORRY." she cried.

She quickly went also to me and kneeled in front of me.

"IM SO SORRY, JAMES! I DO NOT KNOW THIS WILL HAPPEN!" she howled.

"Calm down, Ella." Kacey told her.

I assisted her while standing up and we sat on a chair. I can see the worry and nervousness on her face. She is very afraid.

"This is not your fault." I told her.

"But..but..I was the one who told him to seek revenge on both of you."  Ella wept.

"Everything was just a big mistake. Your father didn't know that we are already okay that's why he didn't contol what he did. Your father just loves you very much. Sometimes, love tempts us to do bad things. Because, love controls our life." I explained to her.

She smiled.

"Besides, we became friends even before all of this happened." Kacey comforted her.

"Can I see Ashton, Kacey? Besides, we also became friends. May I?" Ella begged.

"Sure. I have no right to keep him away from you." Kacey answered.

We wore our labgown and masks. Ella became tearful as the three of us entered the ICU.

Ella kneeled besides Ashton's bed.

"IM SO SORRY, ASHTON. if I didn't became obsessed with you, nothing will happen. I PUSHED MYSELF TO YOU. I PUSHED YOU TO LOVE ME EVEN IF I KNOW DEEP INSIDE OF ME THAT YOU LOVE SOMEBODY ELSE." Ella blurted.

"FORGIVE ME ASHTON. I DON'T KNOW THE REAL MEANING OF LOVE. I THOUGHT THAT ATTRACTION AND LOOKS ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT KEEPS ONE TRUE LOVE SPINNING. BUT IM WRONG, THOSE ARE JUST THINGS THAT WILL FADE AWAY. I JUST LOVED YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR LOOKS NOT BECAUSE OF MY FEELINGS. OUR FEELINGS." she cried.

Kacey starts to cry.

I stared at them both. They really love my brother. They are both different kinds of girls with different perspective when it comes to love.

"IM SO GUILTY! I CAN'T HELP BUT BLAME MYSELF WHY THIS HAPPENED TO YOU! I WISH I COULD TURN BACK TIME AND CORRECT ALL MY MISTAKES." Ella added.

Kacey hugged her.

They both hugged each other. I smiled at them.

"You know, Kacey, Ashton is a very sweet boy. I know I am not deserving to his manly sweetness but I experienced his sweetness." Ella stopped crying and told it to Kacey.

'Yeah. I know. Just like his brother." Kacey joked while staring at me.

Ella cocked an eyebrow while looking confused.

"Yes. You heard it right. James and Ashton are brothers." Kacey responded to Ella's curiosity.

"Ohh!" Ella giggled while covering her mouth with her bare hands.

I smiled.

"I hope he will soon wake up. I just want to spend time with him. As my brother. As his older brother." I added.

"Ashton, wake up! You have many things to discover! Wake up." Ella shook Ashton's arms.

I saw Kacey smiled.

"Wake up, Ashton. We're waiting for you. Im waiting for you." Kacey whispered.

I was staring on Ashton's pale face as I saw his pinky finger move,

"HEY! I SAW ASHTON'S FINGER MOVED! I SAW IT!" I exclaimed while standing up in excitement.

Kacey and Ella looked at his fingers...it moved again. 

"ASHTON? YOU'RE RIGHT JAMES!" Kacey rejoiced.

Ella hurriedly went outside to call the doctor.

And after some glorious seconds, I saw both of his eyes slowly opened....