The Edge of Darkness

The Real Deal

Chapter 23:

THE EDGE OF DARKNESS

-KACEY'S POV-

I was very surprised on what Ashton did on the Awards Night. It didn't even crossed my mind that he will not accept the award, hence, he gave it to us. Im really happy about this award. But I know that someone is really mad about this. Someone is insecure. Someone is depressed. And that is Ella. I have this feeling that she will do everything just to take the award back. And so, I told this to James and we decided to give the award to Ashton and Ella. I. went to Mr. Naver to tell this. He accepted my request.

Ashton and Ella are now inside the Principal's Office and I dont know what's Mr. Naver is telling to her.

-ELLA'S POV-

Mr. Naver called Ashton and I. He said he'll say something important. I sat on the chair in front of his table and he started talking,

" I called you here because you need to know something." Mr. Naver revealed.

" What is that, Mr. Naver?" Ashton wondered.

" James and Kacey told me that..." Mr. Naver stopped.

" What?! I don't know but I have a feeling that this is nonsense!" I exclaimed.

" Let Mr. Naver finish first. He's not done yet." Ashton commanded.

I nodded.

" James and Kacey decided to give you the Gridley Award for the Best Loveteam in Real Life." Mr. Naver revealed.

What! How did they? Why did they? I can't believe it. This is unbelievable. After all the evil things I've done for them! They made my metal heart melt. I didn't even know I have a place in their heart. Because it takes someone special for you to give one special thing to her.

I started to cry,

" WHAT? Why did they do that?" Ashton was shocked.

" I really don't know. They just told me about it. If I were you, I would go now to James and Kacey to say thank you because this award is a very precious thing to give, and yet, they didn't became selfish." Mr. Naver explained.

I can see in Ashton's eyes that he is shock. He turned his head on me. He smiled.

" Ella, I know that you know what you should do." Ashton said while wiping my tears.

We left the Principal's Office. I hurriedly searched for James and Kacey. I just want to say all my feelings to them.

After some minutes of searching for them, we didn't found them.

" Where do you think are they?" Ashton asked me.

Something striked my mind..." I know where are they. I know one place." I said to him.

We went to the abandoned room. And I was right. They were sitting inside.

We entered the room.

They were both staring to us.

" James, Ashton, can you leave us both for a moment. Just this moment." I begged them.

James glanced to Kacey. Kacey nodded.

They both went outside.

Kacey was standing firmly. Staring at me.

I went nearer to her.." I've been a very bad girl..a very bad friend."

." Why did you do that, Kacey? After all the bad things I did to you. Why?" I wept.

" Because I know myself. I know that I always stick to the right point. I know when people are not happy, when people are sad and when people are angry. And when I knew that, I always find a way to change that. And that's what I did." Kacey responded.

.

.

" YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO TAKE THE AWARD AND BOAST IT TO MY FACE. BUT YOU DIDN'T." I cried.

.

.

Kacey stared at me with a calm face.

.

.

" WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SLAP ME AGAIN? HURT ME AGAIN? BECAUSE I DESERVE IT! I DESERVE TO EXPERIENCE THE PAIN I CAUSED YOU!" I cried.

.

.

" Ella, im already tired. Im tired of hurting someone. Because I know the feeling of that. That painful feeling. YOU JUST LOVED. YOU LOVED ASHTON THAT'S WHY THESE ALL HAPPENED. WE JUST LOVED." Kacey explained.

.

.

" IM SO SORRY SORRY. SORRY. SORRY SORRY IM SO SORRY KACEY. YOU STILL ACCEPTED ME. IM SO SORRY SORRY SO SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY. IM SO SORRY. SO SORRY. AFTER ALL THE BAD THINGS I DID. AFTER ALL I DID." I cried while kneeling to her.

.

.

" It's over. Everything is finished." Kacey assisted me while standing up.

.

.

I want to hug her. But she walked away. She walked away in front of me. Leaving me inside the abandoned room.

I continued crying while kneeling on the floor. I already got what my heart wants, 

A chance at redemption.