The Evolution

The Real Deal

Chapter 8: 

The Evolution

Today is the day of a very big change. Today is the day of our first expose to the public. Today is the evolution of ourselves, from looks to personalities, from friendship to relationship, today will be the day for the payback time. Im hoping that I will not see Kacey's tears anymore. 

We quickly ate our breakfast, then took a bath and wore our uniforms.

"Are you ready to be braver and stronger, James." Nate insisted.

" I am." I answered firmly.

"Okay, guys. Don't forget the lessons! Let's go!" Harvey informed to us.

Luckily, Kacey packed her bags before she got kicked out from their house. Her parents didn't know that their daughter is in for a big change. A change that will correct anything they've said. A change fueled by anger and sadness.

Later in school,

We started the real deal. 

We entered the school premises. We walked to the locker room. Everyone was surprised as to who are we.

"Woah! Who are they? They look hot!'' a student exclaimed.

"Wait. Hey! Those were James and Kacey! Woah. They've changed!" a student added.

We just smiled at them. And after we got our things from the locker, we continued walking.

It's a big change! The big crowd of students made us a way when we walk in between them. They all look in awe and surprise.

"Hey! That's the nerd boy, right? The one with the reading glasses?" a girl blurted with another girl.

I smiled to them with a brave face.

"And that's the ex-girlfriend of Ashton! Kacey Georgia! The unlucky girl! How pity!" the girl remarked.

Kacey suddenly stopped from walking and turned around to face the girl..

"If you don't have anything to say, JUST SHUT UP. Me? Unlucky? Oh. Pity you. I heard you're single? Oh. Who's unlucky now?" Kacey confided, rolling her eyes.

The girl started to feel ashamed. But she managed to strike another comment..

"Hey! Why you!? Do you have a boyfriend." the girl wondered while looking ashamed of what she did.

Kacey faced her again.

"Me? Ohh. Sorry. I guess you don't know.."

"EVERYONE! THIS IS MY BOYFRIEND." Kacey announced to the students surrounding us.

Kacey hugged me. I hugged her back.

"What?!" 

"Woah!"

"I thought..."

"They're bestfriends right?"

Those were the reactions of the students around us. They were all shocked. Im surprised that they even know who we are back then.

"So, do you have anything to say?" Kacey once again implored the girl.

The girl just walked out of shame.

Kacey smiled fiercely.

Harvey, Nate and Shelly were now on our back. 

"Sorry, we bought some drinks." Harvey apologized.

I turned to him and smiled, making him know that its okay.

Suddenly, Ashton and Ella were walking on our way. They were holding hands. And when they saw us, they stopped.

They both looked so shocked.

We quickly held our hands.

"Well....Hello." Ella uttered while she seems to be unsure of what she thinks.

"What happened to both of you?" Ashton wondered, his mouth hung open.

"Don't ask. Because I can't give a good answer to your nonsense question." I answered Ashton sarcasticaly.

Ashton didn't bother to reply. They both look surprised. I can see in their eyes. Looking confused as ever.

"Are you both together?" Ella suddenly asked us.

"Uhmm. Do we need to flirt to each other? or sip into each other juice just to tell you that we are now together, huh? Isn't holding hands enough?" Kacey didn't hesitate to address Ella's question.

"Oh." Ella said.

Kacey added, "Curiosity killed the cat, Ella Shey."

Ashton still can't believe of what's happening can't talk. He is still puzzled.

"By the way, you both look great." Ella mentioned while smiling a fake smile,

"We know, no need to mention it!" Kacey responded while turning her back to Ashton and Ella.

"Wait!" Ashton reckoned, "Don't leave yet!"