The Judgement Day

The Real Deal

Chapter 30:

THE JUDGEMENT DAY

-JAMES' POV-

I entered the ICU trying to stop my tears from bursting but I just can't. Seeing my brother in that situation. I can't help but keep blaming myself. I can't stop the feeling that this happened to him because of me.

I sat on the nearest chair beside his bed, seeing all those tubes sticking in him almost killed me. All those bandages on his head. I feel so bad, what have I done - I'm an evil brother.

"Hey Ashton..are you okay? Stay strong, bro. I know it sounds strange... but I must've called you that long time ago. You know, I am such a stupid boy. Because I didn't think of your own feelings. I am so selfish. I continued hurting you without any valuable reason. And I also hurt myself through this." I wept.

"I'm sorry Ashton" I cried.

"I am so sorry, please forgive me! For all of the bad things I did to you, for punching you - I didn't mean to. I'm sorry. I just love Kacey so much and I was selfish I know, I never meant to hurt you. I guess I just didn't understand...." 

"You know, I now think that I actually understand you. I guess we truly are brothers and we both have the same flaw - love. Love is our weakness and love made is do things we now regret. Love has hidden the true meaning of life from us, love has tainted our judgement and may have ruined things forever."

"I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MADE A MISTAKE ON PLAYING WITH KACEY. YOU MADE HER CRY MANY TIMES. BUT I KNOW THAT YOU ALREADY ACCEPTED IN YOURSELF THAT WHAT YOU DID WAS WRONG. YOU HAVE ALREADY FORGIVEN YOURSELF, BUT I STICKED TO MY OWN SELFISHNESS AND I STILL DIDN'T GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO BE FREE FROM THIS MADNESS." I confessed.

"I know I never told you this but I admire you for doing what you did on the awards night, it showed great bravery. You stoof strong doing what was right even though deep inside, you just wanted to be with Kacey. I've felt that way for a long time; from that day I've always looked up to you. You made me feel... proud. In fact I'm so proud to be your brother because you did all the right things despite having the world crush you into tiny pieces just because of that one, foolish mistake." I continued.

"Give me a chance to make it up to you; give me the hope of being a brother to you because that's what I want us to be - brothers. Please wake up! Please come back to us Ashton. If you think that no one loves you well, you're wrong because by the time you wake up, you will be greated with love, kisses and hugs from us all, even your father. Be strong Brother." I whimpered.

I stood up and kissed my brother on his forehead. He still looks pale and weak on the outside. But I am very sure that he is still what he is on the inside; a strong man. I wiped my tears away and went outside the room.

I went straight to a chapel, a chapel where almost all family and relatives pray for the survival and safety of their loved-ones who are in danger right now.

No one was around the chapel, except one; Kacey. I saw her, praying really hard.

I sat beside her.

"Hey."

"Hey. What are you doing here?"

"I just want to pray for my brother. For Ashton."

She laughed.

"Fate is really tough, huh? Last time, Ashton was your enemy and villain but now... now he is your brother."

"Yes. I learned that we don't have control over our lives, we are not the authors of our story, we don't have the pen that decideds what happens in our lives. The only one who has that is He." I said while pointing at the man on the cross in front of us.

Kacey smiled.

"But, we have one thing. And that is an eraser. To correct all our mistakes and making it right - if we have the chance. That's what I'm holding right now, an eraser and just hoping that everything will be okay." I told her.

We kneeled and started praying. I glanced at Kacey and there was a tear flowing from her face. 

I prayed to the Lord. I told him all the feelings I have and all the wishes and hopes I have. I just want this to end. I just want to end Ashton's suffering. Maybe we have different endings, but I know that this is what we deserve - to go on with life.