The Struggle of Fears

The Real Deal

Chapter 12:

The Struggle of Fears

We were all surprised that moment, we can't believe we have a fan! An addicted fan that she is willing to be expelled just to let us in the nominations!

The day just went fast. Kacey and I continued to be sweet. Ashton and Ella aren't talking to us. But I always see Ella smiling. Maybe because that she and Ashton are on the nominees. Ashton's face is as usual. A sad and a guilty face.

Later in dismissal, Harvey, Shelly, Nate, Kacey and I were walking when Mr. William Naver called us,

"James, Kacey, we will meet later in the principal's office. Don't go home yet. We need to discuss something." Mr. Naver informed us.

"Yes, sir." I responded immediately.

He walked away.

"What is that?" Shelly asked us.

I shrugged it off, "I really dont know."

"For pumpkin's sake! The principal is inviting you to his office! This is bad." Nate said.

"Maybe.. IT'S BECAUSE OF THE RALLY LAST MORNING!" I exclaimed.

"Oh noo! What will we do now? " Harvey urged.

"I don't know. Let's just listen to what he'll say." Kacey uttered.

"Okay, guys. We'll wait for you outside the school garden." Nate finished.

"Okay."

After a while, Kace and I finally went inside the Principal's Office.

We first saw Mr. Naver sitting on his chair. Looking serious.

Kacey and I sat on the chair infront of his table, full of papers and other school stuffs.

"Mr. Dyllan and Ms. Georgia, the reason I called you here, is because of the ongoing voting of the Gridleys."

"What's the problem, sir?" I guessed.

Suddenly, Mr. Fentor came in.

"Sorry, im late sir." he said.

"It's okay, Mr. Fentor. We're just starting." Mr. Naver responded.

Mr. Fentor sat on the chair beside Mr. Naver.

.

"I guess you knew what happened last morning.."

"Yes, Mr. Naver. The student rally." Kacey replied.

"Okay." he cleared his throat, "it's very clear that many students are supporting you. And they started a rally just because you both are not in the nominees. Our school administration don't want to hear students saying that we are unfair. And to prevent further harm and other rallies, we sealed our decision." Mr. Naver stated.

"SO, MR, NAVER AND I DECIDED TO CHANGE THE SET OF NOMINEES AND WE WILL INCLUDE YOU BOTH ON THE NOMINATION..." Mr. Fentor announced.

"What?!"

OH NO! THIS IS THE MOMENT I DON'T WANT TO HAPPEN! THIS MUST BE STOPPED! THIS AWARDS WILL MAKE A CRUEL, EXPLOSIVE AND HARSH WAR TO US, ASHTON AND ELLA. THEY CAN'T INCUDE US TO THAT AWARDS!

"But how about the other nominees?" I asked with a shock. I didn't make it obvious that I don't want us to be in that awards.

"By that, we removed Martin and Lily. We checked the voting poll and by far, they got the lowest votes. We will explain it to them tomorrow." Mr. Naver explained.

I looked at Kacey. She looks nervous about it.

"So, we will compete with Nate, Shelly, Ella and Ashton?" Kacey inquired them.

"Yes. Don't worry you have the highest chance of winning. Your loveteam has the most fans and supporters." Mr. Fentor answered.

"But..but..they're our friends!" Kacey sniffed.

"This is a competition. No friends." Mr. Naver addressed.

"How will the students know that we are now in the nominees?" I asked them.

"Tomorrow, we will post many tarpaulins regarding the nominees." Mr. Fentor answered me.

"We'll not repeat the voting polls again. It is what it is. You two will be added with 0 votes. We are sure that your loveteam will both rank high in the voting." Mr. Naver explained.

.

We bid goodbye to them. After we left the principal's office, we quickly went to Nate, Harvey and Shelly to inform them what happened.

.

.

"HARVEY, SHELLY AND NATE! WE ARE NOW INCLUDED IN THE NOMINEES!" Kacey informed.

"What? How did that happened?" Nate asked in shock.

"THEY DECIDED TO LET US IN THE NOMINEES BECAUSE OF THAT RALLY!" I told them.

"Ahhh! So, you both will compete with Nate and Shelly?" Harvey chimed in.

"Yes, unfortunately. Sorry guys." I related to them.

"That's fine! Haha! Don't worry. But what matters the most is that we will all compete with Ashton and Ella." Shelly remarked.

"So, we'll continue to be sweet with each other? We'll accept the fact that we are now in the nominees?" I implied.

"Sweeter. Maybe this is the right moment to teach them the lessons that they don't want to know. They are being proud that they are in the nominees, it's time for you to be prouder that you are also in the nominees." Harvey explained.

"What if we won?!" Kacey asked them.

"That's impossible! Ashton and Ella are populars! We are just a member of unpopulars and wallflowers." Harvey exclaimed.