The Survival of the Bravest

The Real Deal

Chapter 26:

THE SURVIVAL OF THE BRAVEST

-KACEY'S POV-

Days passed by so fast, we are already here for almost 4 days and yet, Ashton is not waking up.

I wore a labgown and a hospital cap. I want to see Ashton and go inside. He is now inside the ICU where almost all people are involved in major accidents. I peeked in the glass window where I can fully see him. My tears fell the first instance I saw him with those dextrose. I wiped my tears with my bare hands. I need to face him. I need to tell him something.

I entered the room.

I can't help myself from crying. Im not strong when pain strikes my eyes. Those bandages wrapped around his head and those tubes placed into his mouth seems like scary. I know those things can only be handled by strong people. And I know Ashton's one.

" FIGHT, ASHTON. PLEASE FIGHT." I whined.

" YOUR MOM NEEDS YOU....I NEED YOU." I wept.

There's no response, as usual. All I can hear are the sound of the insruments that were meant to save his life. It really hurts me seeing him in that place.

" DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT I SAID TO YOU? THAT I GAVE EVERYTHING TO YOU AND THEN YOU JUST THREW IT AWAY? WELL, I AM WILLING TO GIVE YOU EVERYTHING AGAIN. JUST PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME." I sob.

" I AM REGRETING IT. I AM REGRETING THAT I DIDN'T FORGIVE YOU WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD WANTED TO MAKE US OKAY. WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD PAVED THE WAY FOR US TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN."

" Ashton...please. PLEASE FIGHT. FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE. FIGHT FOR US, AN ANOTHER US." I cried.

" I LOVE YOU ASHTON! I STILL LOVE YOU. IT NEVER DISSAPEARED. IT NEVER WENT AWAY."

" DO YOU REMEMBER OUR PROMISE? THE FOREVER? IM READY TO BUILD THAT AGAIN. TO BUILD OUR 'FOREVER' AGAIN, ASHTON."

I continued crying while touching his arms.

-JAMES' POV-

I was walking around the hospital. I was searching for Kacey. I have coffee in for her and I. She's been awake for almost 4 days already. With a little time for sleep.

I'll pass to Ashton's Room to check if he's already awake.

I am about to open the door when I noticed a girl on the glass window. IT WAS KACEY.

Kacey is crying.

She is crying on Ashton.

She looks really devastated.

Many thoughts and ideas are now on my mind and I don't know if they're right. These are impossible. But in love, nothing's impossible.

Tears fell on my eyes as I continue seeing Kacey cry on Ashton.

As I see the girl I love, cry to the boy who caused all the pain she experienced.

Why is she crying like that? To a boy who broke her heart? Is that real?

.

.

KACEY STILL LOVES ASHTON.

.

.

That's what is here in my mind but my heart keeps on denying it. BUT NOW I CAN'T DENY THAT I CAN SEE THAT KACEY STILL LOVES ASHTON.

I went to Shelly, Nate and Harvey to talk to them. And to say to them that I already know the painful truth.

" Why are you crying?" Harvey asked me.

" I must've done this some time ago. I became blind. Blind because of love." I cried.

" We're here. What happened to you?" Shelly asked me while hugging me.

" She still loves Ashton. Kacey loves Ashton." I stated.

" I was walking a while ago. When I suddenly saw Kacey crying really hard for Ashton. My two eyes saw directly how she cried, sob and whimpered to the boy who hurt her! I saw her concern to Ashton. I don't know what to do! She still loves that boy! Why? Why does this have to happen? Why do they kill all the chances and hope for me to love Kacey? Why? Im really tired." I explained.

" We're here. We will never leave your side. We love you." Nate said to me.

" Friends will never hurt you. Bestfriends will never leave you. Remember that!" Harvey told me.

The trio hugged me. Those hugged diminishes somewhat all the pain I had tonight.