The Great Expectations

The Real Deal

Chapter 10:

The Great Expectations

The next day, all the students went to the auditorium. The teachers said that Mr. Fentor, the head of the activities, will announce something important.

Harvey, Nate, Shelly, Kacey and I were sitting on the same row.

While Ashton and Ella were sitting in front of us. Coincidental? I think not.

After some minutes of waiting for the announcement, 

.

.

"Good morning students and teachers. Its my pleasure that all of you are gathered here today as I deliver an important announcement," Mr. Fentor announced on the stage as he looks at his folder, "the whole school of Gridley High School will have an awards night, the "Gridleys". This is to certify and acknowledge the students who made our school a happy one. Our school will not be happy and exciting without these students. All students will vote one nominee on the following categories:

Most Smartest Student

Most Funny Student

and

Most Popular Loveteam in Real Life."

"What?!" Kacey was shocked, looking at me quickly.

"Oh no! Oh no! No!" I whispered to myself.

Ella looks confident. She was the only one who looks happy in that awards night. Ohh. I know what she thinks. She thinks that she and Ashton will be the winner of the Most Popular Loveteam in Real Life award. Ashton's face is blank. No emotion at all.

"These are the nominees as picked by random students and random teachers:

MOST SMARTEST STUDENT

- Martin Escager

- Cynthia Marywood

- Billy Gonien

MOST FUNNY STUDENT

- Harvey Manler

- Theodore Smunk

- Pete Gorgen

MOST POPULAR LOVETEAM IN REAL LIFE

- ASHTON SPRINGER AND ELLA SHEY

"Yay!" Ella exlaimed, kissing his boyfriend.

Ashton kissed her on the forehead. But he's not happy with it.

.

.

.

- NATE SOMERSAULDER AND SHELLY MCDAUNT

"Oh! Woah! Yipee!' Shelly uttered.

Nate hugged her. We congratulated them.

"Woah! Congrats!" Harvey mentioned.

...

.

AND.....

No please no. We can't be nominated. We were just pretending the whole time! This is just for some revenge not for the whole school to know! Please no. No. No. Because if we won, everyone will expect that we are real. Even our parents! This is very bad.

- MARTIN DUSCHANEL AND LILY HOLDER!" Mr. Fentor completed the list of nominees.

Howling and applause surrounded the auditorium as the list continued.

PHEW! I THOUGHT WE WERE DEAD! THANK GOD. IF WE WERE NOMINATED IN THAT SILLY AWARDS, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Kacey genuinely smiled at me.

"I thought we were gonna be there." she whispered at me

We both giggled. I turned back, students were looking at us. Some looked puzzled and some looked as if they pity us. What is this?

"Sorry guys. Your faves are not nominated." a student whispered to the girl beside him.

"How did they were not included?" 

"Whatda? Where's James and Kacey?"

Those were all the words I heard behind us. They were all shocked that we are not in the nominees. Oh! So that's how effective our relationship was!? I slightly smiled as they howled for our names.

Ashton and Ella turned their heads at us.

"Are you okay?" Ella smirked.

"We're okay a while ago but when you faced and talked to us, that quickly changed." I answered Ella.

"What's your problem?!" Ashton muttered at me, breaking his silence.

"YOU! You are the problem!" Kacey jeered at him.

Harvey, Nate and Shelly were staring at me. Making weird eye signs. Oh! I get it. They are telling me to stop Kacey from erupting because she might burst out and accidentally tell the truth.

"Come on, honey, let's go. I can't bare to smell the stinky pieces of garbage here." I crowed to her.

"Yeah you're right honey. The smell is killing me." Kacey quickly responded, I was shocked at her comment but shrugged it off anyways.

Ashton and Ella were again left tamed. No responds at all. They're lucky no one heard the conversation we did, because if someone heard it, it  was definitely a minus-points for them.