To The Fair!

It's been a year since we've adopted Hemingway and Razzel. The two of them were inseparable like Pete and I. We were a family. Everyone loves Razzel, She charmed them from the first time they met, especially my grandma.

"Razzel, honey... would you like to go to the fair?" I called.

She ran down the stairs. "YES YES YES YES! Oh my gosh, Allison... We're going to the fair!" Razzel picked her American Girl doll up so she was looking it in the face.

I shook my head and pick her up. "Sweety, Allison has to stay here."

Razzle pouted.

I chuckled and kissed her nose. "I don't want her getting lost or stolen. She stays here, okay?"

Razzel looked down and nodded sadly before jumping down and running off to her room.

A couple hours later, Pete and I were ready. "Razzel... Are you ready?" I called.

"YEP!" She stomped downstairs with a giant smile on her face and a backpack on her back.

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"Snacks..." she avoided eye contact.

"Lemme see." Pete pried the backpack away from her and unzipped it. He pulled out a sweater some things to keep her entertained in the car, but then he got to the bottom and he pulled Allison out.

"I told you She stays here." I said, taking Allison from Pete.

Razzel looked down. "I'm sorry, daddy... I just thought that she wouldn't get lost or stolen if she were in my backpack... I had her hidden."

"But what if someone were to steal the bag?" I asked.

"I just wanted Allison to come since this is both our first time going." she played with her finger.

I sighed and handed her the doll. "Don't let her out of your sight."

She smiled and hugged me tightly. "Thank you, daddy!"

-At.The.Fair-

"I don't know!" Razzel cried, wiping a tear off of her cheek. She took a shakey breath and continued to sob.

Pete pulled her into a hug and kissed her head. "Sweety... We told you something was going to happen!" he said.

She sniffled and hugged him back. "I want Allison!" she sobbed.

I felt bad for her. Allison was her favorite toy and besides us and the guys and my grandma, her best friend. Yeah, She goes to school, but she gets picked on a lot for having two dads. We're looking at different schools for her.

"We'll find her eventually." Pete soothed, rubbing her back. He stood up and took her hand. We were heading to the lost and found when a man stopped us.

He had greying hair with a crooked smile and hazel eyes. He looked at Razzel and frowned. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" he asked.

Razzel's eyes widened in fear and she hid behind Pete.

Pete looked at her funny. "Honey, what's wrong?"

She stared at the man and frowned. Then she looked at his hands which were holding something. "He's got Allison! Give me her! Don't touch her!" she snapped, snatching the doll out of his hands.

Pete and I looked at each other confused. "Razzel, You don't do that... apologize." I said.

"He tried to steal Allison!" she cried, hugging her doll.

"Sorry, I found her sitting on a bench. I was on my way to the lost and found."

Pete frowned. "But that's over there." he pointed over the guys shoulder to the sign that said "LOST AND FOUND"

The guy chuckled nervously. "Well, I must be blind. Have a nice day!" and he made to walk away, but Pete stopped him.

"I don't like lyers. I also don't like people who steal from little girls, especially my little girl." Pete snapped.

"I didn't steal from her." the guy argued then he walked away.

Pete picked Razzel up. "What was that, sweety?" he asked.

She shrugged and pretended to be interested in a fuzzy on his hoodie shoulder.

"No, Razzel... what happened?" Pete demanded. "I understand that he was trying to take your doll, but we didn't know that at first."

"He's the guy." she whispered.

"What guy?" I asked.

"The one who killed my parents."
(CLIFFHANGER! XD)