Chapter 33: Comfort

Sapphire watched,startled at the sight. She wasn't planning anything like that to happen,but it did. So she just snapped her fingers then disappeared like a bubble. You looked at him,stunned. Haruto coughed then fell on his knees,the small blood pool slowly enlarging. "H-haruto !" You caught him before he fell on the ground. Instead of staying in the position he had,he sat up,looking at the spike that went from his back through his chest.

"L-let's go ! W-we have to take you to Stein !" You stood up then made an attempt to pick him up. Haruto frowned,watching you as his knees wobbled. He knew he wouldn't make it even though you get the chance to bring him to Stein. "S-stop it… I won't… Make it…" He mumbled. You gritted your teeth then took his arm,placing it around you and helped him stand. "You will ! I won't let you die !" You started taking heavy steps. Haruto coughed,his voice cracking from taking cries back. "(y/n),stop it…" He mumbled. You clutched his arm then continued. "Just shut up and let me handle this !" You yelled.

The skies made a small roar,then rain started pouring over you both. It quickly soaked you and him,but you didn't bat an eye. Haruto looked down,black dots dancing around his vision. "Okay… I'll let you…" He gave a weak smile. Tears started forming from your eyes,taking the heavy steps and doing your best to help him walk.

As you both reached the end of th alleyway,you noticed Blackstar walking at the other side of the street. Hope lightened you up as you went to a wall then placed Haruto against it. "Save your energy. I'll go get help from Blackstar !" You said with a worried face. Haruto looked up,then gave a slight nod. "Promise me you won't let yourself die,okay ? Promise me !" You grabbed his hand then gripped it tightly. Haruto looked away,his tears running from his eyes with the rain keeping it invisible. "I promise…" He mumbled. You smiled then ran off. Haruto just watched,his eyes on the verge of dropping. He frowned as he watched you drag Blackstar to the place he was sitting on. His breathing started to fade,but he still did his best to try and get it back to normal. When he knew he won't last for the next minute,he deeply sighed and closed his eyes. "I don't want to break a promise…" He mumbled,looking at his wounded chest.

"But I think I can't keep that simple promise,(y/n)… I'm sorry.."

And with that,he let his last breath go. As soon as he did,you and Blackstar got back. Blackstar picked him up then sprinted to the the place where Stein was staying. "What happened ?!" Stein quickly asked as he opened the door,after Blackstar raged and started banging on it. "No time to explain ! Haruto's in danger !" You yelled. Stein just gave a nod then took Haruto and placed him on a bed. "Please go out for now… I'll do everything that I can." Stein calmly said. "Please,don't let him die !" You pleaded. Blackstar sighed,placing a hand on your shoulder. You glanced at him with sad eyes,then deeply sighed with a nod. You just followed him outside as Stein closed the door.

You sat on the floor,looking down with your hands balled up on your lap. Blackstar was leaning against the wall beside you,sighing. "It'll be fine… Don't worry.." Blackstar said in a rare,gentle tone,trying to comfort you. You just gave a slight nod,but didn't avert your gaze from the ground.

Blackstar slid down then sat beside you. "Tell it." He smiled. You looked at him through the corner of your eyes. "Huh…?" You asked. Blackstar sighed.

"Tell me how you feel right now. It can help ease your mood up."