Chapter 42: Interrupted Truth

"Does this mean… (y/n)…" Blackstar stood up,dropping the photo album. "(y/n) !" He ran outside,just in time that you walked out of the bathroom with your clothes on. "Yep ? Something wrong ?" You blinked. Blackstar stared at you,then smiled. "It's you ! Why the hell didn't I notice ?!" He pulled you into a tight hug. You watched,blinking. "Uh… Didn't notice what,Blackstar…?" You looked at him. Blackstar got off of you,gripping your shoulders. "It's you ! Th—"

Blackstar's excited sentence was interrupted by a crash in the living room. "What's that ?" You started walking,but Blackstar grabbed your hand then pulled you back. "Careful. It might be something dangerous." He mumbled,then walked in front. You both went to the living room,seeing everything was a mess. And there was a large,ice spike sticking out from the ceiling. You gasped,taking your hand from Blackstar. "The box ! Haruto's soul was still inside it !" You ran to the scene. You looked for the small box,peeking under the couch and the table. You noticed it under the center table,safely staying on the ground. You sighed in relief,then grabbed it.

Blackstar looked at the spike from the ceiling,and he figured out that it's sharp point can hit your head square once it dropped. Horror rushed through his body once he noticed the ceiling crack,not being able to handle the large ice's weight. "(y/n) ! Move ! The spike will hit you !" He warned. You looked shocked,then looked up,right exactly when the ceiling lost it's foundation and started to fall. Blackstar gritted his teeth then focused his wavelength in his hand as you covered your head with your arms.

He ran in front of you then stopped the sharp point of the ice with his hand. Some of the sharp point went through his hand and made a small hole,blood dripping from it. He ignored the pain then sent his wavelength to the ice with a battle cry,causing it to shatter into small pieces before it even had the chance to kill him.

You watched his back,stunned. You never expected it to happen,not even expecting for him to defend you in that move. He panted,letting his arm drop beside him,glancing at you. "You okay ?" He asked. You stood up,then gave a simple nod.  "I'm sure it's Sapphire ! I'm going after her !" You placed the small box in your pocket,then ran off. Blackstar made a fist then clenched it,running after you. "I'll go get Tsubaki ! Make sure not to attack and just keep an eye !" He yelled,then sprinted to the other way. You just gave a nod,before looking at the skies. As expected,you saw Sapphire on an ice broom,looking at you with a smirk. "Going to catch me by yourself ?" She crossed her arms. You glared,then smirked. "Scared ? B*tch. You'll pay for taking Haruto's life !" You yelled,then ran after her as she flew off.

Blackstar saw Sapphire at the sky. He skidded then stopped,knowing you're already chasing after her. He sighed,clenching his fist and gritting his teeth.

"I hope she doesn't end up dying before I even tell her who she really is…"