Chapter 31: Anger

"Hey (y/n) !"

Kouri smiled as she went to you. You blinked,looking at her while holding a cupcake. "Hey Kouri ! What's up ? You like cupcakes too ?" You asked with a grin. Kouri just laughed. "I don't really like sweets." She shrugged. "Ohhh..." You slightly nodded. "By the way,I heard you wanted to know your whole past." Kouri smiled. You blinked. "How did you know about that ?" You asked.

"Well… Haruto needed help. So he approached me." Kouri smiled,covering her lie up. "Really ?" You asked. Kouri nodded. "Yep. In fact,I know someone that can let you know exactly everything about it."

"You do ?!" You looked at her. Kouri just nodded again. "When can we go to her then ?" You asked. Kouri turned around,grinning. "Follow me."

"(y/n),don't !" Haruto yelled,grabbing your wrist and pulling you near him. You blinked,looking up at him. "Haruto ?" You asked. Kouri turned,blinking. "Oh. Hey. I thought you said you want (y/n) to know about her past,right ?" Kouri asked. Haruto glared. "(y/n),stay away from her. She's the ice witch Blackstar took on before ! She'll hurt you !" Haruto warned. Kouri gasped,then gave of" a convincing fake frown. "It's rude to call me a witch…" She mumbled.

You looked at her,then looked at Haruto. "Hey,say sorry. You made her feel upset." You said. "Hell no. She's faking it,(y/n) ! Don't be so dense !" Haruto exclaimed. You looked at him,eyebrows furrowing a bit. "What's with you ? You're acting so strange…" You mumbled. Haruto gritted his teeth.

"(y/n),I never ever ever lie to you and you know that. I'm telling you the truth,Kouri's the ice witch ! Sapphire ! It's her real name !" He exclaimed. You sighed,then took your hand back. "Get some sleep. You've been up so late you're creating stuff in your mind." You patted his head. Haruto looked surprised. Kouri just watched.

"I'll get back later." You smiled. Kouri just smiled. "Let's go ?" She asked. You looked at her then gave a nod. Haruto glared at her then took your arm again,changing his hand to a halberd. "Enough of this sh*t,Ice witch. Show yourself !" He pointed the blade at her. Kouri gasped,staring at it with wide eyes. You gasped as well,turning to him with a hateful stare.

"Stop this,Haruto ! Put your blade down !" You yelled. Haruto clenched a fist. "I won't until this girl shows her real self !" He declared. You looked startled,then glared. "Let's go,Kouri. Sorry for this." You grabbed her hand then started walking. Haruto watched,stunned. "(y-y/n) ?" He stuttered. You stopped,giving him a hateful stare.

"Go back to our home. I'll talk to you later about this." You strictly said. Haruto looked surprised. "B-but—" "Now !" You said,involuntarily raising your voice. Haruto looked shocked,eyes slightly wide. He just turned his arm back to normal then looked away with a frown. "Y-yeah…" He mumbled,shoving his hands in his pockets. You just turned then continued to walk with Kouri.

Haruto watched,letting you both get somewhat far before secretly following again. He sighed,looking at you and Kouri's backs with a couragous stare.

"I'm sorry,but I have to protect you even if you hate me."