Chapter 6: First Mission !

"Sooooo… Wanna go take a mission ?" Haruto smiled. You blinked. "You mean those stuff in that board ?" You pointed out. He nodded. You smiled,then shrugged. "Okay." You smiled. You both went to the missions board. Haruto looked around,then blinked when you grabbed one. "What's that mission ?" He asked. "About a kishin egg. It already killed a lot of people already. I guess it's slightly hard…" You shrugged. "Then don't take it if you can't handle." He sighed. You laughed,playfully punching his shoulder. "I can handle this. Trust me." You smirked. He just grinned.

"Okay."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Oy oy… Classes are starting. Where's (y/n) ?" Blackstar blinked. "Haruto's not around either…" Tsubaki mumbled. "You two haven't heard ? They took a mission." Maka joined the conversation. "Yeah. I heard they took the newest one. People were talking about her." Soul shrugged. Normally,Blackstar would get pissed because someone just outshined him. But he was just worried without a reason. "What's with your face ? I was expecting you to 'HOW COULD SHE OUTSHINE ME' blah blah blah.." Soul mimicked his voice. Blackstar sighed. "Shut up.." He grumbled. Maka laughed. "It's just an easy one. She can just kill it with one swipe. No need to get all worried." She said. Blackstar blinked. "I'm not worried,dumbass." He denied. Soul and Maka exchanged looks,then shrugged.

[Meanwhile…]

"We're here." You looked at Haruto in his halberd form. His face flashed in the blade,smirking. "Finally. I always wondered how souls taste." He shrugged. You laughed. "You'll figure that out soon." You smiled. He just agreed,then stepped in the tunnel.

You can hear slimy noises and stuff,but you continued your walk. Not until you saw a pair of red,gleaming eyes from the shadows. "It seems like it already showed itself." Haruto commented. "Yeah." You shrugged. You took steps backwards as it started crawling to you. Yep,crawling.

It started crawling faster,so you turned your back then started to run. The thing was the whole size of the tunnel,and you'll be dead once it reaches you. You continued to run then when you reached outside,you used Haruto as a pole to climb the tunnel's roof. When the thing came out,it was looking for you. It was soooooo long,you can't tell the measurement. It had green,scaly skin and red eyes,with large fangs and a slimy body. You looked away,disgusted. "Ew…" You mumbled. Haruto just sighed. "Great. I get to go see the insides of a gross,slimy snake." He grumbled.

It furiously looked around. You smirked then jumped on it,taking the chance. You used Haruto's blade to create wounds on its body,making it flinch and wiggle around to try to get you off. You continued on wounding the snake's body. Haruto noticed the snake's wounds throbbing. Then flesh with a sharp blade at the end started to rush to you. "Block !" He warned. You gasped then turned,blocking the blade. You noticed the other wounds you made throb,making you jump off as arm-like flesh with blades as hands rose.

"The heck ?!" You looked displeased. "Just slice it in half !" Haruto said. You nodded,clutching him tightly. Not until you noticed legs sprouting out from the snake. "Legs…?" You looked confused. The fangs slightly shrunk and the wounds with arms disappear,then the snake turned into a giant lizard. "A lizard ?!" You looked shocked,taking steps back. "Look at the mission details ! There must be a counter for this lizard form !" Haruto said. "That's bullsh*t !" You yelled. "Huh ?" He blinked,confused. "In the details,it can only have flesh-like arms with blades as hands when you wound it.." You muttered. "Then what's with this ?!" Haruto exclaimed.

"I don't know… This thing turning into a giant lizard isn't even written in the details !"