Chapter 48

Jenny’s POV:

Sheesh! She’s using her cuteness again!

Ann: hihihi (grins) I’m sorry..

Jenny: you should be! Sheesh!

I rolled the cup across her and she immediately dig up the ice cream. Glutton as always! But I think she lost weight. Is she dieting or something?

Jenny: (licks her spoon) so, what’s new about you? Been long, huh?

Ann: (eats ice cream) yeah.. well.. nothing—wait! (Leans towards jenny) did I mention to you that Terry’s back?!

Jenny: wait—TERRY?! As in TERRY--TERRY?! TERRY CHAO? YOU’RE EX? OUR BESTFRIEND?!

Ann: yep..

Jenny: (gasps) what did he say? Why is he back? I can’t believe this!

Ann: well (looks away) he wanted me back..

Jenny: YOU?! HE WANTED YOU FOR REAL?!

Ann: (nods) weird, right? I mean.. you know how his parents dragged him away from me.(looks down)

Jenny: (smiles evilly) I knew it! I knew it! Even from the start I know you guys are meant for each other!

Ann: sheesh.. don’t be like that..(looks away)

Jenny: I’M ON TERRY’S SIDE, FOR YOUR INFORMATION ^_^

Ann: (pulls jenny’s head) yahh! (looks around)  HUSH! Why are you overreacting? You know I’m already engaged and (looks down) I love James..

Jenny: there goes your martyr spirit again. (sighs) when will you learn you lesson, ann?! Hmmm (looks at ann curiously) speaking of James—how are you doing with him?

Ann: (eats ice cream) uh.. (clears her throat) let’s not talk about him (looks down)

Jenny: (hits ann’s head) THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! WHY DON’T YOU ACCEPT TRRY AGAIN AND LIV A HAPPY LIFE? Sheesh. You keep on insisting your destiny with James when in fact he doesn’t even notice you.

Ann: yaaa.. can you call yourself a friend?

Jenny: (sighs) ann, we’ve been friends since the dinosaurs were gone. I know you too well! (sighs) look at you! Blush? Lipgloss? (stares at ann weakly) it’s not you anymore.

Ann: (looks away) I’m trying to look good; what’s wrong with that?

Jenny: no. you’re trying to be Ericka.

Ann: (scoffs) what?! NO! why would I do that? I hate her the most! She’s a—

Jenny: you’re insecure.

Ann: (breathes hard) w..what?

Jenny: you thought that being “Ericka” will catch James’ attention that’s why you’re trying your best to be like her.

Ann: (looks away) I am not..

Jenny: (sighs) ann.. be yourself. Don’t be like someone else! You’re a great person and there’s’ nothing to be ashamed of!

Ann: but.. he.. he won’t notice someone like me (looks down)

Jenny: that’s why there’s a word “change”. Changing doesn’t mean that you will copy someone else; it’s more about changing yourself for the better (smiles)

Ann: you think so?

Jenny: (nods) and please finish that ice cream quickly because I need to pick amazing clothes now (giggles)