Shattered Glass

Kacey POV

"Let's go!" Someone yelled as Alexas dove into the car through the window. She looked like an olympic diver. I felt the car roar away and saw the hospital turn into a grape as we drove further and further away.

"So, what do we do now? Do ya wanna take over the wheel?" I heard Eric Church ask. "We just start planning. Pioneer team, status?" Alexas asked through the walkie talkie.

"We're heading back." I heard Kimberly respond through the snow-white static. "Good. Be careful, who knows who is following you. Press the center button on the dashboard and say "emergency." What did that do? Alexas set the radio down and clicked a button.

"Emergency." The car rocked and all of a sudden, it sped up! "Eric, let go of the wheel." I saw them switch seats. "Alright. Now we're gonna head through back roads at full speed. Hang on. Oh, and tinted windows." Alexas said. The glass got darker. I laid against my seat and thought about all that had happened.

"Kacey." I jumped. They called me "Spacey Kacey" for a reason! "Yeah?" I asked. I looked over at Lana. "Thanks for letting me use your motorcycle." I nodded. "No problem. Thanks for scaring me to death. How did you get that bloody anyway...?" She looked at me, her eyes narrowed. "Well, I woke up in a morgue and then some guy stabbed me in the throat, then I k..killed him." She said quietly.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I said quietly, I didn't know what else to say. "Okay." She muttered. "I'll send someone to pick it up, after this is all over." Alexas said before turning back around. "Okay." I said. I closed my eyes and listened to the tires humming on asphalt.

"Kacey!" I heard someone yell. I banged my head on the roof. "Ow! What?" I asked back. "Get your gun." I recognized the voice of Lana. "What's going on?" I asked. "They're following us and trying to get us to slow down, shot one of the tires."

"Oh, hell!" I heard Alexas yell. The car swerved and I felt it flip, then flip back over. "Here we go!" Lana shoved a pistol into my grip. She was holding an AK-47. "Where did that come from?" I asked her. "Don't worry about it." She smiled at me. As long as you don't threaten me again.... Why do I always get the smaller gun!?

Alexas opened the back window. "Shoot! Now!" She commanded. I took aim and unloaded the pistol. They had a huge, black SUV. "Our wheels are down! The replacement is underneath!" Alexas told us. Way to build a super high tech vehicle with regular wheels!

"One of us has to get it!" Lana yelled back at Alexas. Alexas pushed a button and a tiny machine gun came up at the back window. "I'll go." I said, surprising even myself. "No! I can't let you!" Alexas argued. She started to fire at the other car, it didn't even seem to phase it!

"If I can take the gun and you raise the car, Kacey can get the tire." Eric said. He took off his shades, which I've never really seen him do before! "Alright! Let's do it!" I yelled. I heard Eric start shooting and Lana was next to him, firing opposite of him. Alexas and I leapt out the door on the opposite side. I sprinted after her, dodging bullets and whatever they were throwing at us. "It's closer to the back window!" Alexas yelled over the gunfire. "You coulda told me that earlier!" I yelled. "ERIC! WE GOTTA GO UNDER THE WINDOW!" Alexas yelled at the top of her lungs. I heard the firing stop. "Go!" I yelled at Alexas. I grasped my pistol and ran forward. Alexas quickly went in front of me.

"Lift it now!" I yelled. I could see Alexas straining to lift the car up a bit. "The wrench is underneath!" She panted. "Ok!" I yelled. I crawled under the car and heard the firing resume. "Hurry!" She yelled at me. I grabbed the wrench and started to undo the tire, trying to remember from my trailer home days. I finally got it off and slid it out from under the car. "Hurry! We have to change it! Back left!" She yelled at me. I slid out under the car and Alexas dropped the car. I heard the gunfire speed up and get more intense! "Hey! Calm down up there!!" I yelled.

I helped Alexas lift the tire around the front of the car and to the other side. "Let's go!" She yelled at me. I quickly took off the old tire while she held the car. I could feel bullets flying past us! I felt one graze my arm and winced. We finally got the last one on and I put the last bolt on. I felt a searing pain in my back and screamed. I felt myself go down, one of the last things I saw was me pulling the trigger on my pistol. Everything came in flashes. Being carried back to the car, all the blood, seeing Katy Perry, then not seeing her. Then, darkness.

***********************************************************************************************************************

I opened my eyes. I was lying in a field full of dasies, clovers, and dandelions. I slowly sat up and looked around. It was a nice and clear day, all of the flowers blowing in the gentle breeze. Where was I? What was going on? I slowly got up and walked around. There was a lake glittering in the distance. What the heck? I glanced at the surface and saw a mirror. I began to see my life flash before my eyes, every moment I had ever lived, and some I didn't even remember. I felt numb, truly numb, like I had been left in the cold and snow for days. I saw myself when I was little, writing songs, then, when I was older. When it got to my age now, I was forced to glace up. I blinked and felt my ears ring, then, darkness again.