Let's Plan A War

*Alexas POV*

It had been a few months ever since the beginning of this war. I was ready for it to end, but I didn't know how.

With the help of Hunter, I feel like I have gotten back to my old self!

I walked down the hallway to the technology room and put my hand to the scanner. I had been contacting people for months, getting all of them safely here is no easy feat.

I sat at the central computer that connected to the three gigantic TV's overhead. I flicked on the news, so I could keep up to date.

I was horrified at what I saw. "The singer songwriter Kacey Musgraves was last seen at Daisy's Diner yesterday." They flashed to a waitress. "Yeah! I was talkin to another waitress when a lady came in. She was covered in blood and waving a gun around. She had brown/red hair from what I could tell. She looked insane! She told Kacey to go outside and when they did, I moved to the blinds to get a better look. The woman tried to hit Kacey and when she missed, she got on the bike! It was the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed in Nashville!" The interview ended.

I just sat there. My mouth hanging open. How did that even happen? I had planned for her rescue. What the heck? I slammed my fist on the metal table and it went through. Oops. I got it back out and shook it off.

I picked up my walkie talkie. "Blake, or anyone have their ears on?" I got a frantic "yes! It's Blake. Lana is dead. The hospital called." He rambled.

"Woah! Calm down! Meet me in the technology room. Now. You just broadcasted this to everyone." I hit the "single channel" button so only he could hear.

I waited for what seemed like hours. I flicked on the TV again and saw that they had released a rough video footage from a waitress's phone.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It looked like it was straight out of the movie Carrie. What the heck? She had so much blood it was hard to tell who she was. She had on a leather jacket and jeans. Her throat had something white on it... Gauze?

I heard the elevator open and turned around. Blake came storming in, cowboy boots clomping on the metal. We just stared at each other for a moment.

"What is going on? It's like the world just exploded!" He yelled at me. I just shrugged.

"We need to go to the hospital now. Someone has to tell Chuck...." Blake trailed off. I knew what was getting to him. "It wasn't your fault." He just looked at me and said nothing, balling his fists.

I walked out and he followed me. We got in the elevator and I faced the doors. "Garage". I commanded. I was about to say something else when his phone rang. I just glared at him.

His face turned white and he walked backwards. "Blake! Blake! What's wrong?" I asked. He dropped the phone. The doors opened and he barged out. I grabbed his phone and went after him.

He grabbed the keys off the table labeled with keys I had someone put together and ran toward the HumVee. I had no choice but to follow him.

I heard the doors open behind us. "Wait!" I turned and grabbed Blake's shirt. Chuck was standing behind us. "What? We have to leave." Blake growled.

"I'm going with you." "No. You're not. You're not getting hurt too." Blake said quickly. "That wasn't a question." She held up a handgun, pointing it at me.

"That doesn't scare me. C'mon. You're not going." She took it off of me and pointed it at Blake. He rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Help us get the weapons." He snarled. "Wait. We need some more people, or at least another person. Who knows what we're up against." I said, going over to the closet in the corner. I looked into the eye scanner and it worked.