So Small

I turned off the engine, flung open my door and flung open the back door. The T-shirt was really bloody but had stopped a lot of the bleeding.

I picked her up carefully and Hunter shut all the doors after getting the distressed dogs out of the car.
I ran over to the small cave at the bottom and pushed the one rock that stuck out. Hunter looked at me like I was completely insane.

The cave opened extremely wide and we walked through. There was a room, a tube surrounded by rocks. I pushed the hand scanner and the platform sank down.

"The Restoration Wing." I said loudly. I felt Carrie stir in my arms and then lay still.

"She fading fast." I said worriedly. She didn't look like she was breathing.
We finally reached the wing. I sprinted forward. "Jim! She needs help!" I yelled loudly. Suddenly, the orange haired man with green eyes came up pushing a gurney.

I carefully set her down on the gurney. Jim looked at me and saluted. "Well done, A154."

I returned the salute and practically dragged Hunter back to the elevator. I pushed the button and we rose a few floors. "Housing." Meanwhile, the dogs were scared of the elevator. I picked them up and hugged them. Hunter held Penny while I took Ace. I realized that Hunter was trying to distract himself.

We finally made it to housing. We walked out and there was a circular living room surrounded by doors. I picked one of the doors with a picture of stars on it.

"This is your room. Depending on what else happens, you might have a roommate." I tried to smile but couldn't. It ended up looking like a grimace. He just looked at me. "Oh, I might be able to get you some clothes..." I said awkwardly. I looked at him. I have to admit that he has awesome abs... I shook my head. I should not be thinking of this now.

His voice broke my thoughts, "Do you think she'll be ok?" He asked quietly.
"I... I think that she will. But all we can do is hope. Let me get you some clothes and I have a surprise, if you're up to it." I walked out, leaving Ace and Penny with Hunter.

I walked to the door across from his. I stubbed my toe and cursed. Of course, the chair went flying across the room.
I came to the room that had a pink door and a sign. I had done it when I was younger. It had A154 written in blue cursive on the door.

I opened the door with the key from my neck, golden hair swinging against my cheek.

When I got in the room, I turned on the light and looked around. I heard a YIP! And froze. A dog came running up to me and jumped on my leg that was covered by the neck to leg jumpsuit.

It was a little brown furry thing. I had no idea where it came from. I reached down and scratched its ears. It was really furry and extremely random.

I went back to what I was trying to look for before I was attached by the cute dog. I snuck over to the bed at the far wall and went under it. I clicked the button and it slid apart. It revealed a baby blue guitar. Jim had given it to me on my birthday (creationday) last year. I grabbed the familiar box with the familiar strings and the notebook.

I left the room with the dog following me and went to the green door diagonal to mine. It was Viper's. Viper was my "older brother". He was superhuman like me but looked like a snake. He had long incisors and was used to fight hidden wars in other countries. But he had been called back to help with this war on music. I was reminded that I needed to call him to get Mike.

I looked at my watch. It was normal but with a push of a button, it flipped to video chat with someone. It only was a prototype and worked in the building. I saw the familiar green face and red eyes. "Viper, I need you to locate Mike Fisher and bring him here." "Can do. On my way." I closed my watch.

I then carefully placed the guitar leaning on the door frame before picking the lock with my fingernails and opening the door. Viper had some regular clothes and his dark camo jumpsuits. I hoped a shirt would fit Hunter. I walked over to his closet that was painted black and had a red snake on the front. I opened the door and looked inside. There were a bunch of skateboarder shirts on the right and his camo jumpsuits on the left. I picked a cute, plain, black V-neck and shut the door. I laughed at the dog that was now jumping down from Viper's bed. I'm sure he'll love that...

I closed the door and grabbed the guitar and notebook. I made sure the dog was following me before I walked to Hunter's room. I knocked on the dark copper door.

"Come in." He said sadly. I walked in and took in the sight. Hunter was laying on one of the two twin beds staring at the ceiling. I set the guitar down. I threw the shirt at him. He at temped to smile. Before I could say anything, there was a knock on the door. "Stay inside. Watch the dogs." I said quickly glancing at Ace and Penny on the other bed. My dog attempted to follow me but was held back by Hunter.

I opened the door slowly. It was a man in a white lab coat, one of Jim's workers. His blue eyes looked nervously at me. I shut the door behind me.

"How is she?" I asked immediately. "She's... fighting. You need to go upstairs." He said quickly. I felt my stomach drop. Jim's assistant herded me to the elevator.

He refused to say anything, no matter how many questions I bombarded him with. "Is she going to live? Is she ok? How much blood loss was there?" I pestered him. "Do you ever shut up?" He finally growled at me. The rest of the ride was in uncomfortable silence. He did not dare look at me, as if there were going to be another sea of questions.

After what seemed like days, we finally reached the Restoration Wing. I stepped onto the floor and sprinted forward. The assistant did nothing to stop me. I ran through the white halls, what seemed like millions of doors blurred as I ran by. I stopped, right after I realized I had no idea where the heck I was going.

"How's all that running working for you?" The assistant smirked, even though he was running out of breath. He doubled over. I would've laughed if it hadn't of been such a terrible situation.

"You passed it a while back, I thought I'd wait till you realized." He laughed at me. He wasn't laughing so much when I pinned him against the wall by his neck. Suddenly, a door opened.

"Oh! A154, I thought you'd be here. Please stop chocking my assistant. And get over here." Jim said, adjusting his glasses. I was confused by how calm everyone was being. I dropped the assistant. He squirmed away, gasping for breath. "Oh, I forgot to remind you about her blind rages." Jim said, his Maine accent showing. "Careful..." I growled, walking closer.

I ran into the room that was 6 doors down from the one I was in front of. I slowly walked into the room, afraid of what I'd see.

There were wires everywhere. They were hooked up to Carrie. I walked over next to the bed. She seemed to have stitches in her head and along the back of her neck. "She's doing ok. She needs a blood transfusion later, I should be able to get some from the local hospital. I had to put her in a medical coma, her body couldn't handle the damage on its own." Jim said quietly.

Suddenly, machines roared to life and went off. "That's not good! She needs blood now!" Jim yelled, running out of the room. "Who's the match?" I yelled after him.

He came sprinting in, there where papers thrown haphazardly onto his clipboard. I saw him holding needles. "You're the only match in the building. I have the list." Jim said quickly. "What about Hunter?" "We don't have the time. Let's just hope she can deal with it!" He said quickly.

I quickly sat down in the chair beside her bed. Jim grabbed the needle and inserted it into my arm. I didn't really flinch. Red-copper colored blood filled the bag. "Where did you get the blood from before?" I asked, trying to distract myself. "From an old supply that I had from the local hospital. But there wasn't much." He said. I looked at my watch on my other hand. It was just now midnight.

A few minutes later, Jim pulled the needle out of my arm. He started the transfusion and gave me a cookie. "Really..?" I muttered. But I ate it quickly. "What will my blood do to her..?" I asked quickly. Jim was silent, he was looking at the floor. "Jim.. Jim, tell me now." I demanded.

"It could do nothing but help, or it could kill her." Those words hung in the air as I collapsed into the chair.