All Kinds Of Kinds

*Alexas POV*

I stormed away from Lana's room. Blood trailing down my cheek. I can't believe these brats. You try and help them and they screw everything up.

I've been in a pretty sour mode lately. I think it's due to all the stress. I was pretty harsh on Lana. I felt bad now. I put the pistol on my belt and walked into the elevator.

I called for Housing and the elevator moved. I walked up to the door of my room and opened it. I sat down on my bed with a sigh. I was immediately attacked by a horde of three dogs. Ace and Penny tackled me and licked my face, while my dog tickled me by bouncing on my stomach.

I looked down at my mutt and said aloud, "I'll call you Daisy." I know it was a plain name but I loved it. Daisy yipped in response. I laughed. The dogs were taking my stress away!

I looked up and saw the door open. Hunter came in, wearing a huge smile on his face. "How are you, Alexas?" He asked cheerfully. I've gotten to know Hunter more now. I really started to like him!

"Eh, a little stressed but ok! Now that you're here... And the dogs!" I said quickly, blushing. I wasn't supposed to act like this!

He laughed at me. "It's ok! Haha. So how are things going?" He sat down next to me as I set all the dogs in my lap. I felt a weird sensation in my body, almost like the whole left side of my body had fallen asleep and had that fuzzy feeling trying to wake itself up.

"They're going alright, I guess." I said, smiling. All of a sudden, when I turned my head, Hunter gasped. "What happened?" He gingerly touched my face.

"What do you mean?" I gasped. It was supposed to be completely healed! "Oh, Lana happened. Don't get near that crazy woman and her badger claws!" I laughed, half serious.

He laughed too. Then looked into my eyes. He blushed and looked away. "Ya know, I'm a little nervous for her." Before I could reply, the door opened.

I saw the familiar brown hair of Reid stick his head in. "What?" I asked, half growling. He had ruined the perfect moment. "Well, alright then. If you're gonna be that way. Ya know, I liked it better when you were the old you. Carrie told me to get you. But I think you need to simmer down before coming upstairs. Oh, and hi Hunter." He smiled. Hunter smiled back, as if nothing had happened. Reid shut the door and I could hear his stupid cowboy boots clomping away.

I was furious. "What old me? Hunter have I changed?" I growled. "No, not really. Uh.. You just need to calm down, get some fresh air." He said quickly. "Calm down!? Calm down!? Never tell a woman, especially a science experiment, to calm down!" I yelled.

The door opened and Miranda came in. "What's all this yellin about?" I felt my fury boil over. I swung at Miranda and she flew against the wall. She sat up, shocked, a bruise already forming over her right eye. She seemed dazed. Hunter grabbed my wrist, and my anger dissipated.

He ran over to Miranda. "Ran. Hey, Ran! You ok?" He asked, gently shaking her shoulder. She fell over for a few moments. Hunter gently laid her out straight. He walked over to me, a mixture of fear and sadness in his eyes.

I said nothing but bowed my head. I started to cry. "I'm so sorry." I whispered. Hunter looked at me and was afraid to touch me.

The door opened to reveal Kimberly. She saw Miranda and Hunter. "Hunter, please leave." She pleaded. He nodded and without a second glance, he left.

Kimberly was quiet for a few moments. She seemed not to know what to say. She was at a loss for words.

"I'm sorry." I said again. She looked at me. "Are you really? Are you really sorry?" Was all she said. She slowly walked over to Miranda and felt her pulse. "Ran, please wake up." She shook Miranda slightly.