What The Heck?

🌼Kacey Musgraves POV🌼

"So, yeah. I just got back from tour. I'm gonna be back for a little while." I told the waitress who took my order.

I sat in my booth, all alone. It was a small diner that I regularly went to. It had an old southern feel and pictures of different people from Nashville. It reminded me of Pucketts downtown. (Author Note: Pucketts is a cute little restaurant in Nashville that has nice waiters and good home style food)

I was about to look out the window when the door banged open. I glance up. A girl, covered in blood was holding an automatic weapon. Was this a dream!? What? Roll the cameras,

I must be on "let's see how badly we can scare Kacey Musgraves" show. This never happens in Nashville!

"Who owns the pink motorcycle out front." Uh oh. That was mine. What was going on!? I don't want her to hurt anyone!

"Oh! I do. Are you ok? Do you need help? Please, hurt me, if you have to but not anyone else." I said quickly. Everyone was frozen in place as I walked toward her.

"Follow me. Outside. Now." She ordered me. I did as she was told. I don't want anyone getting hurt. "Alright. What's wrong? Are you ok?" I asked her, terrified. She looked like a psycho killer out of the walking dead. It wouldn't surprise me if she was. "Nothing. I just need the motorcycle." She raised the gun, swung, and missed.

"Just drive. I'll tell you were to go." She pointed the gun at me. Her brown eyes narrowed. I helped her onto the bike. "Hang on!" I told her. She grabbed onto my waist. Her long claws digging into my skin. I ignored it.

"Let me take you to the hospital!"I yelled over the engine. "No! I just came from there!" She yelled. I almost stopped the bike in the middle of the freaking highway. "Did you murder someone? Who are you? Where are we going?" I yelled, slowing down as she directed me onto a smaller road. Is she the one that made all of my friends disappear? And even kill some of them!? I feel like I'm in that story where the Misfit killed the family....

I kept going. "No more questions." She huffed. She sounded exhausted. I kept going. I heard an engine behind us and looked in my mirrors. "Uh, we have friends." I said quickly. "Just whip a U-turn! Off the highway!" She yelled. She sounded panicked. There weren't any other cars on this little two way highway.

I did and saw one motorcycle cop and a big, black SUV. They went speeding past and I heard the tires squeal as they made a u turn too. "Let me drive, you know how to shoot?" She yelled at me. "No. You look exhausted!" I shouted back. "That wasn't a question!"

"Fine. Yes, I do. Just take us somewhere safe." I said quickly. I breaked the bike and we switched. I held the gun in my hands and aimed, turned backwards.

"Uh.... They have a way better gun." I said quickly. They had what looked like a machine gun. Awesome. How do I get into these messes? Hey, if I live, it might make a killer song! "Floor it! Now!" I yelled. One guy sat on the top of the car. The motorcycle cop stayed quiet.

I felt us race off. I could hear bullets flying as she swerved all over, trying to avoid them. I started firing back, the vehicle was catching up!

"Go as fast as you can! They can't shoot on the big highway!" I yelled. "I doubt it, but I'll try!" They started firing some sort of heavy weaponry! She swerved and went into another tiny road. I unloaded my weapon and found another clip taped to the side..?

I almost fell off the back! "Who are they!? The Russian Mafia!?" I yelled. "Something like that. A group called The Others!" I tensed. I knew this group!

It was the one Katy told me about. She acted very odd, then my apartment was thrown around..... "Yes! I know them!" I yelled. She slowed a bit.

"Keep going! Are you stupid or somethin?" I yelled at her. "No! You could be one of them!" She yelled. I could see her in the mirror. She looked insane!

"You're being mind-controlled!" She yelled. I froze, blackness came into my vision with bits of red. I shook it off. It wouldn't go away!

I turned and fired where the vehicle was supposed to be. I concentrated on what I was doing and felt myself sucked back into reality. This was so weird.

"Glad you're back. And yes, you're kind of one of them." We were still flying on the little road. "They're closer!" I yelled.

I heard a motorcycle and turned, the cop was closing in on us! "Keep going! What are you doing!?" I yelled at her. She revved the engine. "It's as fast as I can go on this road! We'll both fall off!" She yelled.

I heard the cop pull next to us. We hit the blacktop and were both thrown forward. We kept going. I heard a shot and felt a burning, brutal pain in my side.

"Ah... I'm hit!" I yelled at her. It felt like I was being speared by a million needles! I still kept firing, as a last attempt. We pulled in between two 18-wheelers on the four lane highway and I knew we were headed back to Nashville!

I felt her gun it and we were at the max. The car was no where to be seen! "I have no idea where we are!" She yelled at me. I began to feel dizzy. "Uh... Keep going...ah...straight. Follow the signs for Nas...Nashville." I could tell I was fading, and quickly.

I heard an engine behind us. "Pull over!" I turned, everything becoming blacker. The world was becoming dimmer. I knew I didn't have much time left, if we kept going like this. It was the SUV!

"Hey! Are you back there!?" The woman asked me. "Barely. I'm losing a lot of.. Of blood." I put my head slightly on her shoulder.

"We have to keep going! It'll be ok! Just don't fall off!" She said to me. I vaguely realized she had a New Yorker accent. My head was swimming. I put my hand to my stomach area, my hand slick with blood.

I felt us slow down slightly. "I think we lost them!" She yelled. "No! I don't think so!" I turned slightly and they were aiming another weapon at the tires!

"Hey, swerve left!" I yelled. She did as I told her. A bullet grazed my leather jacket, probably a deep bruise. I held on. She sped up and we got to a heavily trafficked area. She swerved in and out of cars like a crazy woman. Which she now qualified as!

Finally, it seemed to be just us and the motorcycle cop. I turned, and with a desperate last attempt, shot his tire. He flew off and the woman sped up.

"We're almost there! Where were you hit?" She yelled. I couldn't even talk. I was swaying so much. "Give me your jacket!" She shouted at me.

Everything came in flashes. She pulled over. I felt something wrap around my waist and cried out. Then, we sped away. Then the SUV firing, nothing. Then, driving, me firing and almost falling off. Stopped. Driving.

I felt my head pound and blackness swallowed my view.

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼