Uh oh

🔫Miranda Lambert POV🔫

I opened my eyes. I must've fallen asleep! Looking at the clock, it was 9 am!

I looked around. Carrie was no where to be found. I almost panicked. I sat up and sighed. "She doesn't look as pretty as I last photographed her." I jumped, balling my fist to attack whoever was there.

"Don't be afraid of me honey." It sounded exactly like Lana! "Lana..?" I asked into the dark. The heavy blinds were closed but I looked into the chair by the window. A woman sat there, lines from the blinds over her face.

She laughed slightly. "No. I was called here because of.....her. I have some files you might want to look at." She sounded as if she were upset.

I heard the chair slide and tall heels clacking on the floor. The light was switched on. I was looking at a person with blonde hair. "You look just like...her!" I pointed to the bed. She shook her head. I noticed mascara tracks down her cheeks.

"Chuck. Chuck Grant." With that, Carrie walked in. "Who.... What!?" She yelled. Chuck glanced at her. "Keep your voice down."

"Who what how..?" Carrie stuttered. "I was called here. I have some files in my car that you should look at." She said hastily, looking over her shoulder.

She lead us outside to a small, white truck. She grabbed the keys and stopped, her hand shaking. "Get down." She growled. Carrie and I looked at one another.

A man leapt out of the back of the truck bed. "Where are the files Lana?" He snarled. "I'll give you whatever you want. Just don't hurt them." She mimicked her sister. "That's a good girl." He drew a gun, aiming it at Carrie.

"So... We're in the middle of a hospital parking lot and no one helping us...?" I said slowly. "That's right blondie. Nobody moves or she dies." "Well, how am I supposed to get the files..?" Chuck asked.

"You know what I mean." He smacked her with the gun. Her nose started to drip blood. She wiped it on her arm and slowly opened the door. She moved very slowly. "Hurry up!" He snarled, cocking the gun.

"Sorry, I forgot where I put it. Carrie, I also dropped a piece of it by your feet." I saw Carrie instinctively duck down. Chuck opened the back door, quick as a cat. The gun fired as the man fell.

He roared in rage and punched Chuck in the jaw. She fell, his ring on his finger shining with blood and metal.

I ran forward and grabbed the gun, the man tackling me, kicking my side. I punched him once in the jaw and knocked him down, my side throbbing.

I handed the gun to Carrie and she gun butted him in the head and he fell, unconscious.

I ran over to where Chuck lay, in fetal position, her nose and jaw bleeding, arms covering her face. Her eyes flickered open and I sighed in relief. I helped her up gently and bent over, clutching my wounded side.

Carrie grabbed the keys off the ground and drove. I found a random towel in the bed and handed it to Chuck.

I lay down in the back. Chuck and Carrie in the front.

*************************************