Chapter Thirty

Rylan's Point of View

Pregnant. Elizabeth is pregnant with my child. I was frozen for about two second before I jumped up and scream.

"YES! We are having a baby!"

I looked over at Elizabeth and she had a shocked look on her face.

"You're not mad?" 

"What? Of course not. I have been trying to think of a way to bring up the possibility of children in the future, but I didn't want to push you. I mean we just got engaged a few months ago and I didn't want you thinking that I was pushing you into too much too fast."

"So just to be clear. You are happy?"

"Ecstatic. I can't wait to be a father."

I smiled at her and she smiled back at me. I was so happy I don't think anything else can top this except when Elizabeth is walking down the aisle to become my wife.

"So I guess we have some things to talk about."

"Such as?"

"Rylan, we are going to be having a baby. We need our own place so it would be best to get the house built as soon as possible and we also need to talk about the wedding. We never set an official date and I want to know your thoughts."

"I think that we should do whatever you want to. I agree we need to get the house built so we will get that started, but as for the wedding. I won't push you into doing it as soon as possible because you are pregnant. I want you to have it when you want it."

"You always have such a way with words." She teared up.

"Why are you crying? I thought this was a happy thing?"

"It is. I am crying because I am happy and because you are so sweet."

I went over to hug her and give her a kiss.

"I can't believe we are going to have a baby."

"Me either."

"So when do you want to have the wedding?"

"As much as I would love to marry you right now. I want to focus on getting the house built and the pregnancy, so how about three months after the baby is born? It should be around April or May of next year."

"A spring wedding? I love it. It will give you time to plan the wedding too."

"I am so excited. I honestly never thought that I would get married any time soon and now I am engaged and having a baby with the man I love."

I was going to say something, but there was a knock on the door.

"Ms. Cole, how are you feeling?"

"So much better and hungry."

"That is expected. Those little ones in there will be making you very hungry for the next nine months."

"I'm sorry those little ones?"

"Yes. I thought that I had told Ms. Cole that."

"Oh I kind of zoned after you said I was pregnant."

"That would explain it then. I don't want to put you over the edge with shock, but you Ms. Cole are pregnant with triplets."

Triplets. Three babies. I was not expecting that at all.

"How you doing there Rylan?" 

"I am fine. I am shocked, but I am fine."

 The doctor congratulated Elizabeth and I again and walked out.