Chapter 45 ~ The Meeting of the Minds

Paul POV

"Have a seat Paul," Lilly said as I could tell something was wrong.

"Is everything okay? I know with Cadences's trial, the woman that shot her testifies tomorrow."

"This whole entire situation breaks my heart. It never should have happened."

I nodded my head agreeing with her.

"I need your help," she said reaching me an envelope.

"Of course."

"I need you to personally deliver this to Carmine Russo in Italy. Once he opens it, he will know what to do."

I looked at the envelope a little curious.

"It's the land contracts to Torcello."

"You're selling the property?"

Torcello was an island off the Venice lagoon. It was off the beaten tourist path and sparsely populated as everyone wanted to live on the mainland. It had come in Lilly's possession from her father's dealings.

"I have no need for it. My father owned it and I am selling or giving away most of his assets to make a mends. Fair is fair and my father did not play fair."

"I've never met Carmine Russo. But I did hear he is like a Mafia Godfather."

She laughed. "His wife Bella is a friend to me and have been for many, many years. How do you think Carmine got that title?" She said turning to look at me.

"Oh," I said forming the o with my lips.

"They are good people and great allies to have on your side. I have just spoken to Bella and she is expecting you. Your flight leaves tonight."

"Where am I going?"

"To Murano. Bella has a villa there. Everything will be arranged once you've arrived," she said walking back to her desk and took a seat.

"Dorian will take you to the airport. I'm sure Bella will offer you to stay and if she does, I expect you to oblige. I think you need a little vacation. Stay a week or two, I can hold down the fort for a while. Marci can help me out if I need help. You have worked really hard since coming on board. Enjoy Italy."

I thanked her somewhat. This didn't just seem like normal business, something seemed a little off. One thing was for sure, Lilly played with the elite. She may have been a Madame, but she was a ruthless business woman and anytime she was known friends with the mafia, people needed to watch out.

Lilly POV

I picked up my phone and dialed. After two rings my intended caller answered.

"Ciao il mio caro amico."

"Hello Bella. Paul will be leaving tonight with everything I promised."

"Good. My Val is here. She should be able to keep his mind off Cadence. She is gorgeous, educated and single. From what you told me about this Paul, he is quite a catch also."

"He is. I think he may have some unresolved feelings for Cadence but she needs a break from the opposite sex for a little while. He needs to move on and find that special someone."

"Sometimes we all need a break from the opposite sex," Bella said with a little laugh.

"My babe Val needs a good man in her life. The ones she has been picking lately are just indegno, (worthless). I like this matchmaking business," she said laughing again.

"I have not seen Val since she left New Orleans over a year ago when the kidnapping happened."

"That was a low blow to the family but we have triumphed. Our enemies have been squashed and there are brighter days."