Chapter 8 ~ Him or Me !

Evan POV

I had just hung up the phone with Cad and she wasn't coming home. I was livid because I wanted her safe and sound with me. I would be glad when she finished school because then we could move to Atlanta permanently.

I needed to get her away from Jacob Moore, before I killed him. If Cad really loved him, she wouldn't be with me. She loved me and I knew that. All his sarcastic remarks just made me see red. Yeah I punched the shit out him. That weak ass mutherfucker fight like a girl. Will the real Jacob Moore, please stand up?

Did he really think his weak ass confession about loving my girl would make me leave her? I think he was in love with the thought of being in love with her. His jungle fever ass. He didn't even look like her type. He belonged with the blond hair, blue eye babes that have diva written across their faces.

"She loves me," I repeated over and over again.

When I confessed my love to her I knew it was soon, but I showed her in every way possible how much I loved her. It took months for her to say it and when she did I believed her. I saw it in her eyes, I felt the words as she said each one slowly. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

Where was he when she was depressed or didn't feel loved? Why all of a sudden he wants to tell me this shit? Evidently he knew about Cad and I. He probably had been playing me since the very beginning. I could feel my blood boiling.

This fucking dude was unreal. I should have beat his ass until he took his last breath, then we wouldn't be able to see her again. I paced back and forth in the living room. I picked up a picture of Cadence and traced her lips.

"You are mine. You will never be his. As long as I got breath in my body, he will never touch you again. I promise I will protect you from him." I kissed the picture and put it back.

I grabbed my phone and called Lacey. Lacey was my personal assistant and I needed her to followup on some things. After about a couple of hours everything was settled. I walked in my study and did a little work.

Knowing Cad wasn't coming home had me missing her. She wanted me to spend more time with her and now I was here but she wasn't. I was hoping that once the babies were born she would stay home. I could support her and the kids and she didn't need to work.

Then my mind focused on Jacob. He had mentioned that they were together before she came to Atlanta. Now I was starting to wonder if he was a client. If so she was doing her job, then I couldn't be upset. But if she did it for other reasons then we needed to talk. I looked down at my phone and it was two am. I was so use to sleeping next to her that it felt weird not having her here.

The house seem to get larger as I looked around. "The day she graduates is the day the house was going to be packed up and we would be moving to Atlanta permanently." The sooner I got her away from Jacob the better.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cadence POV

"Jacob you will be fine. The scans came back and your ribs are just bruised nothing is broken. The black eye is actually going down and the bump on the back of your head is looking good. I want you to come in next week to have the stitches removed. Cadence you did a good job watching over him," Dr. Jeffries said smiling. "The medicine is working so he may need to be watched another day."

"Thanks Dr. Jeffries," I said grabbing my purse. Jacob had been quiet since last night. I drove him to the doctor as promised and stood by his side. Now he got up and we walked to the door. I opened his car door and he got in. I walked over to the driver's side and started the car. I could tell the medicine had him a little loopy.

"I will take you home so you can rest. Chris is going to meet me at your place," I said turning on to the street. I had found Chris's number in Jacob's phone the night before.

After Jacob woke up and we stared at each other he slowly closed his eyes again. The medicine had made him drowsy so he went back to sleep until this morning as I slept only an hour or two on the sofa because I couldn't let anything happen to him.

"Are we going to talk about last night or are you going to deny for the thousandth time that we belong together."

"I told Dr. Jeffries that I would stay and watch over you and I did. I did my job now it's time to go."

"Cadence I saw the look in your eyes last night. I know that look. You admitted that you have feelings for me."

"Look Jacob. What's meant to be must be." (Be strong! Cad, be strong my brain was screaming back) "Do we have an attraction, yes. Do I think you love me unconditionally, no. I think you think you love me because you don't want me with Evan. Evan has been good to me, he has seen me at my worst and I love him. What you saw last night was lust not love."

"You're not making any sense Cad. I know you love me."

"If I would have met you first and we would have had this same connection, Evan would have never been in the picture but looking at us last night, I realized I didn't belong on The Indulgence, I should have been home with my fiancé. I felt sick lying to him where I was last night. I don't want to be a cheater. I'm sorry if I lead you on but Evan has my heart. I think what we have is lust and not love. Our emotions were running high last night and then after stepping back I realized it's for sure Evan."

He was quiet as he looked out the window.

"I feel it deep in my bones Cad and mark my words a time will come and you will realize it wasn't lust I felt for you but real love. You have never been in love before. What you imagine love to be is your reality but if you would just give it time you would see what you and I share, you will never feel it with any other man. You may try but it won't happen. I still think he is not the one for you, so I will wait as long as I can to prove to you I am the only one for you."

"Just make this easy Jacob and let me go."

"Love isn't easy. You work at it and what I said before, I can't turn off the switch because you say so. I do believe I came into your life for a reason, it just hasn't been revealed yet. I just have a feeling if I wait, I could fully gain your heart. I know this hard for you and I don't want to make this complicated for you. I realized this morning looking at you that you do care for me so I will step to the side for now but I won't let you go."

I was literally in tears so I pulled over. He reached for me and held me tight.

"Why do you do this to me? You can't wait for me and deny your happiness, it's too much Jacob. You should be happy with another woman that brings you joy. I'm not her. I really truly love Evan and I would never want to see you hurt because of me Jacob."

He wiped my tears as I looked up at him. I saw pain and hurt in his touched.

"I believe you will see it one day and I am going to hold on to that." He softly kissed my lips. It felt like a promise. Maybe if Evan and I didn't work out he would still be there.

For the remainder of the drive we remained silent. I pulled up to Jacob's condo. He got out as Chris opened the front door to the house.

"Goodbye Jacob," I said as he took one last look at me and got out. I felt hot tears burning my eyes. How did I get to this place? I loved Evan too much to hurt him. Was the temptation there, absolutely but I knew it wasn't right to cheat on Evan. He was my future husband and we agreed to never intentionally hurt one another.

I drove off as I had missed my class taking Jacob to Dr. Jeffries. After I had my dream the night before I looked into Jacob eye's and realized I would hurt Evan if I went along with my lust for Jacob. That I was wrong for lying to him on where I was. Jacob and I have never truly been friends, but although Evan was a client at first, there was a mutual respect between us, a friendship and he didn't have to control every situation.

A relationship is built off more than sex. That's what Jacob and I had, we shared a love of sex. The sex is really amazing with Evan but it is different with Jacob. They both bring me to orgasmic pleasure but I can only pick one. I'm also fearful of Garrett and I don't want any trouble with him especially being pregnant.

I could see the hurt in Jacob's eyes as he got out the car and it nearly broke me. I would like to be Jacob's friend but I'm not sure if he wants to be friends with me.

I finally made it home and I saw Evan's car parked out in the circular driveway. He had bought this house for me in my name but it was our house. I looked down at myself and fixed my hair. I locked my car door and walked in.

"Evan I'm home," I said walking in locking the door. I walked in and all was quiet. I walked in the office but he wasn't there. I went upstairs and found him stretched out across the bed with some shorts and a grey t-shirt on. I dropped my purse, took my clothes off and kicked off my shoes at the door and walked slowly up to the bed.

I crawled in on the side of him and wrapped my arm around him. I snuggled up next to him and kissed him on the lips. His eyes opened slowly as he leaned over and deepened the kiss. He lifted me up and laid me on top of his chest.

"I've missed you," he said in between kisses.

"I've missed you too. Make love to me," I said. He smiled and then the next thing I knew he was on top of me kissing me down my neck. It was something about Evan that made my heart pound faster every-time he touched my spot. I needed him and I was finally ready to be his wife.

We made love for hours. I didn't think about Jacob, it was just Evan and I. Each touch, each stroke made me want him even more.

"I love you Evan and I can't wait to be your wife and the mother to your children," I said as his strokes got slower.

"Are you sure baby. I don't want to rush you into anything," he said looking down at me. He rolled us over until I was on top. My hair had come a loose and my body was sweaty.

"Yes. I've never been so sure," I said grabbing his hands and putting them on my belly. "We love you, I love you so much until it hurts."

He raised up and held me as out bodies were still joined. He kissed me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You mean the world to me and I don't want to ever lose you. Are you sure it's me you want?" I could see the question in his light hazel eyes.

I looked at him funny. Jacob had gotten to him and now he had insecurities. I had them too when I thought I wanted Jacob more than Evan. But somehow, from somewhere I found the strength to be with the one that I was going to share my life with.

"I know about Jacob. Do you love him?"

"I'm not going to lie, I thought I did but I think it was lust not love. Although I met him the same night I met you nothing happened between us until a few months ago. The more I was with him, the more I realized I wanted to be with you. He thinks it's a mistake when I broke it off with him to be with you but I knew, better yet I was determined that we were the ones to be together. I want you Evan, I choose you."

He kissed me with all the passion he could muster up. I slowly rocked against him as I lost control. Jacob could give me the dreams, but my Evan was the real thing. This time when we made love it was different. I felt even more convinced that Evan was the One.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, well, well~ what did you think of this chapter? Are you #TeamJacob or #TeamEvan, let me know. Thanks for all the wonder comments and votes.