Chapter 16 ~ Pieces of the Missing Puzzle

Evan's POV

We had arrived back in New Orleans and we were headed to the house. The fight with Yaz and her pushing Cad had been on my mind for two days. We had the awards show this weekend but all I was worried about was her. We had an appointment with Dr. Plaissance in the morning so I had cancelled all my appointments to go with her.

She had slept most of the way back here in my arms and I wasn't complaining. I loved her with all my heart and I felt she knew that. The only problem was that I was more than sure that Jacob Moore would start meddling in our affairs.

We arrived home and Cad went straight to bed. I didn't tell her that they had released Yaz from custody, but I did get a restraining order against her.

Cad had been having nightmares for the past two nights in a row where she woke up sweating and her heart beating erratically. She had started hyperventilating thinking something had happened to me or the babies and my heart went out to her. I held her tight wishing away the awful thoughts.

I told her maybe she needed to see Dr. Sims and she agreed she would. I kissed her as I tucked her in and jumped in the shower. I rested my hands against the marble shower stall and let the water run from the top of my head down the drain.

Images of Yaz pushing Cad had my blood boiling. How dare she had the nerve to touch her? If anything would have happened to Cad and those babies, I probably would have choked the shit out of her. I needed to keep my wits. If anything would have happened to Yaz, all eyes would have been on me. I didn't want my daughters growing up without a father. I quickly showered and got in the bed.

"Mmm, where have you been?" She asked rolling over.

"Taking a shower. How are you feeling?"

"Much better since you are here now," she said leaning up to kiss me. I kissed her back and deepened the kiss. I held her as I finally released her.

"After your appointment tomorrow we can have breakfast and I can drop you off at class."

"That sounds like a plan. I wished Greta was here so she could make me some crepes with strawberry jam. I'm missing Atlanta already."

"Well we have four more months and we can go back. The house should be ready and we can start a new life."

"I can't wait," she said kissing me again and pulling me close as we went to bed with me holding her.

We had arrived at the doctor's office. Everything seemed to be fine but Dr. Plaissance wanted to keep a watch on her. After her appointment we ate at a lovely restaurant where she ate her crepes and then I dropped her off at school.

I went into the office to check my mail and I had several meetings for the day. It had been several weeks since I had been in my New Orleans office. I was more than sure things were piling up on my desk but I had two great assistants so all the important stuff was taking care of.

"Hey stranger," Lina said walking in the office.

"Hey girl what's up?"

"Glad to see ya. How is Cad?" She asked hugging me.

"A lot better. She and Yaz had a confrontation a few days ago and Yaz pushed her."

"Oh my god, is she okay?"

"Yeah I took her to the hospital and they said it was just bruising."

"I know you freaked?"

"All I saw was Yaz about to grab her and I tried to get to her but Yazrita was a millisecond faster."