Chapter Eighteen

Mason's POV

I hugged Kris goodbye, giving her a reassuring smile before taking Niall's hand and walking down the hall to our apartment. 

"It feels good to think of this as our apartment again. I hated thinking it was Niall's apartment. It killed me." I sighed, sniffling and sitting on the couch.

"Why is that picture broken? And that bowl? And those dishes... Niall, why is our flat trashed?" I asked, and he blushed and stuck his hands in his pockets, looking at the ground.

"After I got back from the beach I guess I did it. Or when I got back from the uh. Think at Lou's house." He mumbled quietly, and I bit my lip.

"I'm sorry for saying those things at Lou's. I-"

"No, don't be. I deserved every word of it.  I shouldn't have said any of those things on the beach. I was stupid and blind and foolish." He said, and I could hear he was going to cry.

"Nialler, don't cry. It's alright. I would have been freaked too." I said, walking over and making him look up at me. His eyes were filled with tears, and it hurt me to know he felt horrible about what he said.  He should feel horrible about all the things he said, but I still hated to think that he did.

"I should never have said any of those things, or called you any of that. I didn't mean it. I was angry.  I really didn't mean it. I love you so much, and I was terrified that I was going to lose you, and I don't know what made me think that insulting you that way would make-" 

"Niall-" I said, cutting him off. He held his hand up, silencing me so he could talk again. 

"No, I need to get this all out. It's killing me." Niall said, so I nodded and bit my lip. 

"I have no idea what was wrong with me to say any of that. I was completely just not thinking and I was going crazy thinking that my best friend and my girlfriend were doing something like that. I didn't listen to you at all, and I'm so sorry. It was so stupid of me, and I should have known you guys weren't doing anything. Liam is one of your best friends, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. I'm so sorry I did. If I wasn't so stupid, we would have saved ourselves a lot of heartache and tears." He said, and I hugged him tightly.

"If we weren't acting so suspicious, it wouldn't have been that bad anyway. If we had just came out and said that it was a surprise for Kris-" 

"Don't blame yourself!" Niall said, and I shook my head.

"Let's face it. We could have made it look a lot less date-like. I mean, the pictures of us in the car, it really looked like I was giving him-"

"No, don't mention the car.  That probably freaked me out the most. I saw it on my phone once Kristin showed me hers. I saw that and just... My mind went crazy. I couldn't think about anything but you doing... That." Niall cringed, and I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have even suggested ducking. It was stupid. And it was absolutely wrong looking." I said, laughing a little and hugging him tightly.

"Yeah, it was. Can we just say that none of this will ever happen again because I won't be jealous or anything and you won't duck down in cars with anyone but me?" Niall said, making me laugh loudly.  

"Well. This is going to make me sound like Harry, but we haven't been around each other in-"

"Couch or kitchen?" I stopped, him, smirking.

"Kitchen. Definitely kitchen."  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------