Chapter Thirty Nine

Rhiannon's POV

"What are we going to do? We had already started the nursery..." I whispered, looking down at my hands and playing with my fingers.

"We'll figure it out. It'll be okay." Mason tried to reassure me, giving me a tiny smile and trying to help me get away from the sound of Harry's crying. 

In a normal circumstance, I'd be teasin him about being more girly than I was. I hadn't even cried yet. I think I'm still in shock or something... I just... I can't believe it... There is no way this is actually happening. Im not. This isn't... I'm going to wake up any minute and be fine. Nothing bad is going on. Haz is on tour with the boys and I'm home with Mazie and Liz and Kris and we're all jsut asleep in one of their flats and it's all going to be okay.

Thats exactly what this is. A nightmare. It's not reality. Theres no way. I won't believe that this is real. It isn't. It can't be. No way. Not possible, never possible. I'll wake up and the girls will have drawn stupid crap on me in sharpie and sent pictures to Harry and posted them on twitter and then Mason will eat all the food in the fridge and Liz will whine about it and Kris will sit with me and laugh about it. Thats how it is. 

"Rhi.. I'm so sorry... I swear I didn't mean to..." Liz told me, biting her lip and hiccuping. 

"It's not your fault." I mumbled, keeping my eyes glued to the ground. 

"No really, I'm so-" 

"Shut up babe." Mase said to Liz quickly. I could basically feel Liz bubbling to snap something back but held it in. Silent applause for you, Elizabeth, silent applause for you. 

"It's fine. This is just a dream and it'll be okay when I wake up." I said hopefully, looking over at my best friends. Both their faces fell even more, if that was possible.

"Honey... It's not going to change...It's- He's..." 

"He? He...? It was going to be a boy...?" I asked quickly, looking over at her. Mason shut her mouth quickly, clenching her teeth and taking a deep breath through her nose. 

"Yeah. Boy." She stumbled out, looking over at Liz for some help. 

"He would have looked just like Harry. The curls and dimples and all, wouldn't he?"  I zoned out, imagining the cute little boy with perfect dimples running around with his daddy. 

"And freckles on his nose." Liz said quietly, giving me a tiny smile.

"And he'd be really tall." 

"And loud."

"And funny." 

"Don't froget how cheeky he'd be." Liz finished, sitting on the hospital bed next to me. We all sighed basically at the same time, biting our tongues and trying to figure out what was next. 

"So... What now?" 

"You have to stay over night to make sure you're okay and then Harry and Kris will be home tomorrow. About in time for you to get out." Liz explained, resting her head on my shoulder.

"What about everyone else?" 

"They still have to stay for tour. It's total butt but it's how it has to be... Harry will be home for you though baby. And we'll have Kristin too." Mase explained, shrugging slightly and sitting by my feet criss cross applesause style. "But it'll be okay." 

"Yeah. It's always going to be okay." I snapped rudely, seeing her flinch slightly. I clenched my teeth and put my head in my hands. "Can you two go? Please?" 

"Yeah babe. Will be out in the waiting room if you need us." Mase said quickly, patting my leg and tugging Liz out before anyone else could say anything. 

I sighed agian picking my head up and finally letting the tears fall. 

Elizabeths POV

"So... What now?" 

"I don't even know. I have no freaking idea what there is to do about this." Mase replied, sitting on the floor and resting her head against the wall as she looked up at me. I sat next to her quietly, biting at my lip and trying to think. 

"What is gunna happen tomorrow?" I asked her, hoping she had some idea. 

"Well I have to see if I can get out of working tomorrow and I'm going to get Kris and Haz from the airport. They're already on the plane and they have a four hour layover in New York and then they'll be here tomorrow morning around six. I'm picking them up." She sighed, picking her phone up and starting to send a text to Niall before putting it back down. "What the hell are we going to do." 

I knew it was rhetorical but I still wanted to at least give her some type of reasurance. "Well we're going to help her through until she's ready to have another baby and then she's going to be a wonderful mum and no one will be driving in storms with pregnant women anymore." 

"Yeah. Planned it." She said dryly with a frown. I shrugged a little, opening my mouth to say something and then closing it again. 

"What if you can't get out of work." 

"I'll pick them up and get to work and get back home to Rhi as soon as possible I guess."  She froze, turning her head towards Rhi's door. "Do you hear that?" 

"Hear what?" 

"Oh, my god. She's crying... Oh god Liz." 

"Of course she's-" 

"Liz Rhi is crying and like, crying crying. Like, sobs. Like oh my god how am I actually getting air between these sobs type of sob." She interrupted me quickly, pressing her ear against the door and getting a horribly sad expression on her face. 

"Rhi doesn't do that." I stated, refusing to believe that. She yanked me towards the door hard enough that my ear was pressed against it too. Then I heard it. "Oh god Rhiannon."

"What do we do?! How do we fix crying Rhiannon?" Mason whispered, biting her lip and tapping her fingers on the ground.

"I don't know!" I whispered back, slamming her hand down so she couldn't tap anymore. "This hasn't happened aorund us!"

"What do we do?!" She asked again, giving me wide eyes.

"Space?"

"Ice cream?"

"Harry." We said at the same time, grabbing Mason's phone and calling him. 

"C'mon Styles. C'mon." She mumbled under her breath, biting her lip and putting him on speaker. "Hazza." 

"You're joking. Theres no way that that happened. My girlfriend and my baby are both perfectly fine." He said immideatly. 

"I'm so sorry Harry. He's gone." Mason sighed before realizing what she had said and covered her mouth, biting her finger while mumbling a few choice words I hadn't heard her say in years.

"He? I - We were going to have a boy?" 

"Yeah." I confirmed, smacking Mase on the arm and giving her a look.  A 'You have got to be kidding me did you really let that slip twice' look. She gave me an apologetic one and a little shrug. 

"Jesus. I. Crap." He breathed out. You could basically see him pacing in the airport, running his hands through his hair so much he was ruining his curls. "I'll be home soon. Tell her I'll be there soon." 

"She uhm. She's sobbing quite hysterically and we have no idea what to do." I explained to him as he cursed.

"I don't know. I really don'y know." 

-----------------------------------------------------------

....well hi

we're alive just so you know

and we love you

yeah :)