Blind Date

Izaya's POV

"Hey Izaya you know I think you need to get with someone!"

"Why are you saying this all of a sudden?"

"Well for as long as I've known you I've never seen you with anyone... well except with that one girl, but never mind that. Anyways! Let's talk about this one friend I have, he is single and-"

"Wait wait wait! A guy? Shinra I'm not gay."

"Yeah keep telling yourself that. Now to what I was saying-"

"Shinra!"

"Okay okay I got it... you're just nervous but don't worry you'll be fine."

"I never said I was nervous. I'm not doing whatever you're going to say next."

"Oh come on Izaya give this guy a chance he could really turn your miserable lonely life around."

I stay silent at his words.

He really just had to say that...

I sigh then say to Shinra, "Fine give me his number and I'll plan with him."

"Yeah... no."

"What?" I say annoyed and angry with him, "Why not?"

"Because he doesn't really know I'm doing this..."

"Shinra you motherfu-"

"Ahh okay I got it you don't need to say it, but I really think you two would be great together."

"...if this goes wrong I swear..."

"Ooo thank you Izaya you won't regret this! So here's the plan..."

After explaining the details of the date, with me saying some choice words in between, Shinra hangs up and I just sit at my desk annoyed. I swear he is the weirdest human I've ever met.

Shizuo's POV

"Hey Shizuo!!!" Shinra yells through the phone.

"What do you want Shinra?" I say already annoyed.

"So I have this friend and he's-"

"Okay stop right there. I'm not doing this again alright."

"No this guy is different from the last one."

"How so?"

"He claims he's straight but obviously gay."

"...Shinra I'm hanging up."

"No no no please don't!"

"And why not? If the guy is straight then don't bother." I'm about to hit the end call then I hear Shinra yell out.

"But he agreed to meet up!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah he accepted after a while and some choice words come out after while explaining him the plans to meet up."

"Are you sure he wants to do this willingly."

"Half yes, but it doesn't matter it's the same place same time in two days see you later!"

He instantly hangs up after saying that and I just feel my eye start to twitch.

*Two days later*

I walk into the café and sit at my regular spot and wait for the guy that's supposed to be here. I came a few minutes earlier just in case but every guy I see walking through the door they don't even look my way.

Did the guy stand me up?

Shinra said it was still going to happen...

I wait some more and look around impatient. As I glance around the room I notice a guy in all black with a black fur trimmed jacket and raven colored hair looking at me. He instantly turns away and I ignore it turning back around myself.

I have to say though that guy must really like the color black... did I see him when I walked in? Maybe.

He is kind of good looking though.

Izaya's POV

I've been waiting at the café for a long while now waiting on the guy. I came almost an hour early so I've possibly been here for almost two hours for a guy.

Did he stand me up?

Shinra should have sent me a picture of him so finding him wouldn't be hard...

I get impatient and start to look around as I do I lock eyes with the guy behind me and quickly turn away.

Oh god why is my heart racing? But I have to say he was pretty hot. If I don't see the guy I'm supposed to be meeting with could that guy be the alternative?

No no no! Don't think about it, I'm not interested in guys. I'm just meeting up with someone who I may or may not get a connection with.

I feel my phone vibrate and I look down to see a text from Shinra saying, "You know the guy behind you is him, right?"

What?!

"Shinra!"

I hear an angry yell and I turn to see the man I saw looking at before. So that's him...

He turns and says, "So you're the guy? I'm Shizuo Heiwajima."

"Izaya Orihara." I slightly bow.

"Oh no need to bow. So you know you look really nice do you like the color black?"

"Yeah." I simply answer then ask him, "Um so you're friends with Shinra? How did you to meet?"

"We met in elementary school... what about you?"

"Middle school." I simply answer.

Well this conversation is going well...

We just sit staring at each other awkwardly when I get the feeling Shinra is probably watching us. What is that crazy person thinking?

"Um... so this is awkward..." Heiwajima trails off.

Yeah no shit.

After I think that he continues saying, "Um, well... I get if you're not interested in me since Shinra probably forced you. If you want we could split ways... but truthfully I think I may be sad if you do."

Oh wow he actually has such a timid side... maybe I could give him a chance.

Shizuo's POV

After hours of talking and getting to know each other I feel myself enjoying this. He's such a nice person and honestly really hot as well.

When our walk through the park is over with Izaya says he needs to go home and get some of is work finished before midnight but before he leaves he hugs me then runs away.

He's like a teenage girl but it's strangely cute, we already exchanged numbers so maybe we can plan a date together sometime.

Izaya's POV

As I run from Shizuo my face reddens, god I feel like a shy teenage girl after a date. That's so embarrassing.

Who knew I would actually enjoy being with Shizuo. He was so nice and really funny, of course I can tell he does have some anger issues but it's fine, he's still a great person.

This blind date was really good I'm glad I got to meet him.

Hello readers I'm so sorry if this is a bad story I'm trying to get my life together but I'm doing fine. I'm working on a new Shizaya book and will let you guys know when I publish it. Hope you guys enjoyed see you next chapter!