Life of Two Butlers

My name is Izaya Orihara and I'm a butler for the Drakon family. They are one of the richest families in Japan and I'm happy working with them.

Though I'm new here so my opinions may change over time. My job usually consists of walking around outside and inside the mansion, helping anyone that needs it.

I'm definitely okay with it, but from time to time I run into this one guy named Shizuo Heiwajima. He's the head butler of this mansion and he does his job well but in truth I'm not really fond of him.

Of course this isn't one sided, when we first met not in front of the master, he was very rude and that made me lose most of my respect for butlers well at least him.

I continue to do my job and surprisingly not run into Heiwajima all day, but I did hear someone mentioning he got three days off work.

Seriously what's with that?

Shizuo's POV

My name is Shizuo Heiwajima and today I was called to the masters office and told that I have three days off. Which is weird, because of my four years of working here and one year as a head butler, I've never had a day off. Especially three full days.

Though I was told that the only reason why I have the day off is because the master wants to find another good leader to help me out.

In short he just wants to find another person to be a head butler with me. To apparently lighten the work I have to do.

I'm perfectly capable of doing my job without any help.

As I walk around the mansion with nothing to do I think of things to pass the time. Nothing is coming up.

What can I do for three days anyway?

When I go into the garden I hear someone yell my name. As I turn around I see the masters daughter smiling and coming to me.

I bow to her and say, "Good evening Miss."

"Good evening Shizuo. Also just call me Varona." She says.

"I couldn't Miss, it would be disrespectful."

"I'll get you to say my name at some point Shizuo." She says with determination then asks me, "Would you mind staying with me for the rest of the day?"

"Of course Miss, I do not mind whatsoever."

After saying that I walk around the garden with Miss Varona and when dusk falls she takes me to a dimly lighted room filled with stacks of wine.

I stare at the different brands of wine and other alcoholic beverages in curiosity of what they have. I'm not the person to drink much and in truth I really never wanted to drink.

The only time I drank any alcohol it was just one glass of wine that a woman gave me saying it is relaxing.

It wasn't.

Though it was only a glass.

Varona picks a small bottle from a huge carton of alcoholic beverages and says, "This is a very strong drink, but I bet you can't get drunk from it."