Izaya's Birthday

Izaya's POV

It's around noon and I'm walking around Ikebukuro hearing almost everyone saying 'May the 4th be with you.'

And no 'Happy birthday, Izaya' nothing.

Every year this happens, no one says happy birthday to me, no one probably even remembers my birthday, and last year I was stabbed.

I don't like the day I was born I just want to forget everything on that day every year. I have no one that would care if I forgot.

No birthday I can remember was ever special to me. Not even the one where I thought my crush was actually going to be nice to me for once.

He was just drunk and remembered absolutely nothing of what happened on that one apparently regular day.

It's starting to get dark and I continue to walk around, then I notice that Shizu-chan is nowhere in sight. He's usually throwing something at me by now.

I continue walking through the now dark city until I'm suddenly pulled into an alleyway. I'm dragged further into the alley and look up at the person, seeing Shizu-chan.

Once we stop Shizu-chan pulls me into a hug and I tense up.

What is he doing?

"I love you, flea." He says quietly, but loud enough for me to hear.

"S-Shizu-chan, what's with you? Are you joking?" I ask unsure what is going on.

"I'm not joking, I have feelings for you. Good feelings, not the ones that tell me I want to kill you." He says.

I stand in disbelief until Shizu-chan pulls away a little and kisses me on the lips. When we separate I push him away and don't make eye contact.

What am I supposed to do?

He then looks away from me and says, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. You probably don't feel the same, right?"

I don't answer him, but I want to. I can't open my mouth to just say, "I feel the same, I'm in love with you."

He starts to walk away but before he leaves he says, "Happy birthday, Izaya."

When he finishes and turns away I quickly run to him and wrap my arms around him and lay head between his shoulder blades then say, "I love you, Shizu-chan. I always have."

He starts to turn around and when I look up at his face he pulls me in and we kiss. This time I do kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck.

He deepens the kiss and I hold on tighter until we separate to breathe.

We both smile at each other then Shizu-chan says, "Do you want to go out to dinner? My treat."

"I would be happy to." I say and smile.

He smiles back then we both leave to a nice restaurant. When we're done we go to my apartment in Shinjuku and talk about random things.

This is the first time that I've been able to talk to Shizu-chan like this and I like it a lot. Yes, I was dreaming about it all the time, but I never really thought it would come true.

After the surprising three hours of not being in an argument, Shizu-chan leaves to go home.

He kisses me on the forehead then he leaves saying, "Happy birthday, Izaya. I love you."

"I love you too, Shizu-chan. Goodnight." I say and watch him walk to the elevator.

I close the door and start to think back on the day. This has been the best birthday I've ever had.

Hello readers I hope you guys enjoyed. This probably was bad since I kind of procrastinated this since I didn't realize until the last second it was Izaya's birthday. Anyway happy birthday Izaya! See you guys next chapter!