Chapter 30: Let's Talk About Sex

August POV
I had been in the shower for a while now just stalling. I really didn't feel like dealing with this right now. I had had a long bullshit ass day and all I wanted to do was eat and lay up with my girl. Now I was faced with a subject I knew I wasn't sure if I was even gonna like the outcome to.
I climbed out and wrapped a towel around my waist and walked back into my room only to see Arian sitting on the bed Indian style waiting for me to come out. "It's about time!" She said. "Sorry baybeh it was a long day I was extra dirty" I replied back lamely. She rolled her eyes "uh huh sure, just hurry up and put some clothes on so we can talk."
I threw on some boxers and some shorts and then got on the bed and sat down. "Aight what we talkin bout?" "Ok so I think we should wait to have sex until our wedding
in 6 months." She said. I looked at her to see if she was serious before I fell out laughing.

         She just stared at me with a straight face and said "did I miss the joke? What's funny?!" I stopped laughing long enough to say "You, you're funny

She just stared at me with a straight face and said "did I miss the joke? What's funny?!" I stopped laughing long enough to say "You, you're funny. Come on baybeh you the same one who just pitched a whole fit not even a week ago cause I wasn't giving you no dick. Now you want to go 6 months without it?" I smiled at her "girlll stoooop" I said joking with her.
"August this isn't a joke! I want this marriage to work! And I want to make sure that we know each more than just physically. I want our connection to be stronger than that!" I paused cause now a nigga was about to get offended. " what you mean by that? You want our connection to be stronger than the physical? I thought our connection was already more than just physical."
"We have sex a lot August and yes we waited for sex but we didn't wait for other stuff so maybe-" now I was pissed.
"So you telling me you just with me for dick! Cause if I was only wit ya ass for some pussy I assure you I wouldn't have put that rock on ya finga! I don't need to do that to get the pussy. You been throwing it at me left and right since I met you, so don't sit up here and act like I'm the one with the issue, it's you! If you got second thoughts about marrying a nigga just say it! Give me my fucking ring back, pack ya shit, and leave like every other dead beat ass bitch have before you, cause I'm not with this bull shit today Arian! I'm not! So do whatever you feel like you gotta do! As a matter of fact a nigga gone help yo ass out!"
I jumped up from the bed and went into the closet and grabbed a suitcase from the top and started throwing her stuff into it. "August stop it! Stop it!" She yelled from behind me "nah I'm just hea fa dick right?!" I yelled back with tears in my eyes.
"I didn't say that! What is wrong with you!" She continued to yell as I threw stuff around the closet. I fell to my knees exhausted and put my head into her stomach and cried "why didn't she love me" I said to her. "Why didn't she fight for us, she just let him die and she didn't care what happened to me!"
Arian POV
I knew something more had to be wrong with August to make him spazz this way. He had to know I loved him, and that he was more than dick to me. I don't even know why he'd say something like that. I knew he had to be talking about his mom, but what would cause him to bring her up now.
I wiped the tears off my face and said "baby you need to tell me what's wrong ok so I can help." He just pulled me closer to him gently still mindful that I was healing. After a few moments I heard him mumble something. "What did you say?" I said. He looked up at me with the saddest eyes and said "my mama called me today" I just nodded my head "I ain't even know her ass had my numba or where she got it from. It was crazy cause I was kind of nervous, but I was happy to hear her voice cause she still my moms ya know I've missed her." He started crying again. "But you know what she said after all these years." I just shook my head I knew I wasn't gonna like his response.
"She gone have the nerve to say I heard you doin real good up there I'm proud of you. For a split second I let myself hope she had changed and then she said, I was actually calling to see if I could have some money, ya step father in jail and I need bail money!" He yelled out
"she still taking care of this crackhead ass nigga!" I held him tight to my chest trying to calm him. "I told her fuck her and that nigga. She ain't never cared about nobody but herself!" He just continued to cry until he became tired.
We laid there in the closet for hours. August had fallen asleep and I was just up. I hadn't seen him this upset before. You'd think after his mom hadn't heard her baby boy's voice in years she'd at least ask him about his life, but I guess not. I quickly wiped the tears off my face.
I felt August moving around on top of me and then he looked up at with puffy red eyes and said "I'm sorry baybeh" "for?" I said. "Spazzing out on you. That wasn't right I gotta learn how to communicate shit better. I should have just talked, told you about my day up front instead of taking it out on you."
"I understand though you had a really rough day. You know that I love you right?" I said to him "of course and I love you too" "so you know I don't just want you for-" "baybeh stop, ok, I know you don't want me just for dick ok. I was just talking from a place of hurt and insecurity. I never been in love before, not like this. And I want us to work just as much you do, so if you feel like we need to wait til our wedding then I'm all for it" he said shrugging.
I nodded my head "just think about how fun our wedding night is going to be." I said smiling at him "yeah I'ma tear that ass up right after the wedding belee dat!" We started laughing "now can we get out the closet cause my leg hurts and my body is stiff as a board." He laughed and scooped me up and carried me to the bed. "I love you baby." I said kissing him. "I love you more baybeh" I looked into his eyes "all that other stuff doesn't matter. It's me and you ok." He nodded and flicked the lights out and we went to sleep.

AUTHOR's note: WATTPAD IS REALLY BLOWING MINE!! 😐 so over it. I've never been more frustrated with an app in my life. I wrote this chapter 3 times! It kept getting deleted. Anyway hope you enjoy the chapter...🤦🏾‍♀️❤️