/Chapter #8/

Diary of a Genetic Freak

/Chapter #8/

"Cheyenne, come on. We have to get out of here now, before Serena realizes whats going on." Reena said pulling my arm, trying to pull me away from Zadeyn's unconscious body. When I didn't move Mac threw me over his shoulder, ignored all of my protests and carried me out of the building. Natasha and Avian were waiting in the car Zade had gotten on of the guards to leave unlocked with the keys still in it.

"Chey, it'll be fine we'll come back for him, but right now we need to leave." Avian said, not bothering to look me in the eyes as he lied to me. I knew for a fact, without having to look at the other's faces, that we wouldn't be able to come back for him. I just knew something was going to go wrong today, why didn't I just listen to my gut.

No one spoke, no one even bothered to look my way as Avian drove away. The only sounds that could be heard was the gravel beneath the tires and our breathing. Pulling my knees to my chest I wrapped my arms around them and let the silent tears fall. I didn't make a sound to let the others know I was crying, I didn't want to attention. The only reason any of us are out of that place is lying on the floor unconscious bleeding to death. And yet, there is nothing I can do, there is no way to save him now, not without getting myself and the others killed in the process. I wouldn't risk them, I couldn't.

"Does anyone even know where we're going?" Natasha asked, her usually bright and happy face now fearful. No one answered, the only person who knew where we were supposed to go isn't here to tell us. "Chey, he didn't say anything to you?"

"No." As soon as I said I frowned, something was telling me I knew where we should go, but I couldn't figure it out. All eyes turned to me and I wiped away my tears. "Do you know where the airport is?"

"Yea, I think its like 3 miles east from here, why?" Avian frowned at me. "You think we're getting on a plane?"

"No, we're not getting on a plane, but I have feeling someone is waiting at the airport for us." It sounded odd even to my ears but my gut was telling me I was right.

"Are you sure, Chey?" Reena asked eying me, as if waiting for me to break down and jump from the car.

"No, but my gut is telling me to go to the airport and the last time I didn't listen to it Zade ended up on the floor dying!" She flinched from the tone of my voice and Mac wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap. Rocking me back and forth, mumbling that it would all work out in time, but somehow I didn't believe him. Something was telling me nothing would ever work out right with Zade stuck in that hell hole.

"We're going to the airport then."

/Zadeyn/

"I know you can here me. Your little friends got away, Zadeyn. Now would you like to tell me how they got away?" The director, Serena asked glaring at me. I just kept quiet, not recalling much of what had happened 2 weeks ago. All I knew was that I'd taken a bullet for Cheyenne and almost bled to death. Of course, I knew they'd gotten away, but I don't know how long that will last. Serena is relentless when it comes to her collections.

"Zadeyn, if you tell me I'll let you and Cheyenne go." I snorted, knowing she was lying through her teeth. She'd never let either of us go, we were too unique.

"I don't know where they are, Serena." She knew I was lying to her, but she also knew I wouldn't tell her anything, not if I could help it. Cheyenne and the others deserve a chance to have a normal life, I won't be the one to take that from them. If I had anything to say about it they'd have never ended up here in the first place. I just hope they can stay safe.

/Cheyenne/2 Day Later/

"Cheyenne, can you believe this? We're actually in Las Vegas!" Reena squealed in my ear, looking at the casinos and hotels as we passed. Jordan, a guy who Zadeyn had helped escape before I got to the institution, parked the SUV in a motel parking lot.

"Alright, guys this is all I can afford right now. We'll head out tomorrow morning, so get some sleep." He told us, ushering everyone out of the vehicle and into the tiny main office.

The older woman behind the desk smiled at us all, not saying a word she handed 3 room keys to Jordan. Natasha frowned at me and I shrugged, nothing about this situation made sense to me so why should it start now? In the end Natasha and Reena were sharing a room and Avian and Mac were sharing another so that left me to share with Jordan. Something tells me he did this on purpose, but I have no clue why.

"Why isn't Zade with you?" He asked as soon as he'd shut the door to the small hotel room. One bed, a T.V. And a small bathroom is what made up the room and a smell that made me sick to even think about what it was.

"He was unconscious."

"So you left him there? After he helped you all escape?" He snapped at me, glaring so much I thought he would burn a hole through my head. Okay, that is so not a pretty picture.

"We didn't have a choice, he was bleeding to death. Even if we brought him with us he'd be dead." The realization that Zadeyn was actually better off there hit me hard, knocking the air from my lungs. If we'd brought him with us, like I'd wanted to Zadeyn would be dead now.

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote.

Its shortish I know but I wanted to post something now, because after tomorrow I'm not gonna want to post anymore for awhile.