Chapter 45

Albus's point of view

Summer break came along, and Albus had finished his fifth year. It was also a year ago since Albus confessed his love for Scorpius, which they celebrated with loads of sweets on the train ride. 

Albus was going to stay at his mother's place since he wasn't comfortable with staying at his dad's. James and Lily were joining him for the first weeks. There were five bedrooms in the flat that weren't quite big, however Albus didn't mind that.

He entered his new bedroom. It was about half the size of his other room. 

"I understand if you preferred your other room," said his mum followed by an echo. "But I hope this is okay." Albus smiled.

"I love it. This is going to be perfect," he said.

He began unpacking his stuff, putting his clothes in the new wardrobe. In the bottom of the box he found the cloak of invisibility. Maybe it was time to give it back to James.

He entered his brother's room and noticed that he hadn't unpacked much. He was looking through some old school stuff since he just graduated.

"James," said Albus hiding the cloak behind his back. James looked up at him. "Missing something?" He held up the cloak.

"Why am I not surprised," James laughed. "Keep it."

"Wha- Really?"

"You need it better than I do. I had almost forgotten it was mine."

"Thanks!" said Albus before he left the room.

* * * * *

A few weeks later Teddy and Victoire were getting married. Albus was getting ready while looking through his brand new mirror his mum bought him the other day. Albus didn't dress up pretty often so he was wearing the same clothes that he had on Astoria's funeral. They were a bit too big back then and now they fit him perfectly.

"Looking handsome," said his mum who was leaning on the doorway with her arms crossed. "I know you don't like hearing this. But the older you get the more you look like your father." Albus took a seat on the edge of his bed.

"I still can't believe you forgave him. I mean, he cheated on you." Ginny sat down beside him.

"Of course I was disappointed in him. But now I do accept him for who he is, and none of this was my fault."

There was a silence. He wasn't angry with his dad anymore, but the word 'cheating' made him sick. He remembered how he felt after he broke up with Scorpius and he was the one to move on. What if the same thing would happen in twenty five years by cheating? He immediately shook those thoughts away. Scorpius would never do that to him.

"Do you know who Dean Thomas is?" his mum asked breaking the silence. Albus nodded.

"He's married to Seamus Finnigan isn't he? I know their daughter."

"Before dad and I were together I was dating Dean. The reason we broke up was because he turned out to be gay. Then he told me about his feelings for Seamus."

"At least he was being honest," Albus pointed out.

"Your dad has been honest with me as well. It just get's a bit hard for him sometimes."

"Do you ever miss him?" Albus asked thinking of Scorpius, back when his dad forced them apart and he thought he'd never see him again.

"Maybe. But the important thing is that I've got you. And James and Lily of course. You three are the most wonderful thing that I have." Albus smiled and hugged her.

"I love you, mum," he said.

"I love you too, sweetie."