Chapter 26

Now make sure you have some tissues and chocolate ready because this is going to be very sad

Förbered er med näsdukar och choklad för detta kommer bli väldigt sorgligt

_______________________________________________

Albus's point of view

School had started again and thanks to The Daily Prophet, the whole school knew what was going on between Harry and Draco. It did not make it easier for Albus by hearing people whisper behind his back, teasing him by calling him and Scorpius an incest couple, something that Peeves could't keep quiet about either.

It was hard to sleep at night. He was thinking about Scorpius. And everything that was going on. 

"Psst. Albus. You awake?" he heard a whisper. He turned his head and saw Joseph sticking his head through the curtains. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." He sat up and reached for his wand. "Lumos." Joseph crawled in and sat down across from him.

"Are the rumors true? About your dad." Against his will, Albus nodded. It was the absolute last thing he wanted to think of. "And you and Scorpius. You're still..?"

"Yes," said Albus.

"I'm telling you this as a friend. You may realize that you can't be together as step brothers."

"I know," Albus sighed running his hands through his hair.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. You really love him don't you?" No respond in need to make Joseph understand. He reached for a hug, something that surprised Albus. "It's gonna be alright. Scorpius is a nice guy. He belongs to you." He held him for a beat before releasing the hug. "I'll let you sleep now."

"Night," said Albus as Joseph made his way to his own bed.

"Night, Albus," he said.

"Nox," said Albus and put his wand back.

In the morning he went to the great hall by himself since he was not comfortable with Scorpius joining him at a time like this. Still it did not stop the others from teasing him. "Oi! Albus! Where's your brother? He's still good in bed? Hahahahaha!" He tried to ignore them and fought to control his anger.

It wasn't until their first class he saw Scorpius. He tried to talk to him, asking why he didn't wait for him before breakfast. Albus just gave him some quick answers, not wanting to start a conversation. Before lunch they had defense against dark arts class and as it ended, Albus tried to rush out along with the others before Scorpius stopped him.

"Albus. Can we talk?" Albus sighed but agreed. They waited until everyone left and the door was closed. "Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you," Albus mumbled without looking at him.

"What's the matter?"

"What's the matter?!" Albus questioned. "Well. Where shall we begin? Let's start with our dads. All that shit The Daily Prophet wrote about them, and now the whole school won't stop the teasing and whispers behind our backs, do I have to continue?"

"Albus..." Scorpius tried to grab his hand but he slapped it away.

"Don't touch me!"

"Albus, this is silly."

"What's silly?! I mean your dad and... my dad... and us. Don't you realize how wrong it sounds? I'm sorry but we need to end this."

"But Albus..." said Scorpius almost tearing up. "I love you."

Albus looked him in the eyes. Filled with tears. Full of pain. He looked down again. He had to say something, but whatever he would say he would regret it. Then he forced it out.

"But maybe I don't love you back?" 

Scorpius was stunned. Unable to believe what he just said. He wished he could hug him and apologize. He couldn't.

"You don't mean that."

"I do," said Albus battling against his own tears.

Scorpius was still stunned by his words. He looked down not knowing what to do or say.

"Well," he said and wiped the tears grabbing his bag and swung it over his shoulder. "If that's what you want then." He stormed out of the classroom and slammed the door.

Albus was left alone now. Free to express his feelings. His tears kept streaming down his face refusing to stop as hard as he tried. This was it. Once again he broke Scorpius's heart. Only this time was a lot worse than last time.