Chapter 2

Harry's point of view

It was the first day of the holiday for the children.  When Harry took a look inside Albus's room, he found him sitting in his bed writing something that seemed to be a letter.

"I'm I bothering?"

"Yes you are," said Albus without looking at him.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

Harry took a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Are you writing to Scorpius?" he assumed.

"I am," said Albus and looked at him. "We talked about letting him stay here for a few days."

Harry started to think back when he was their age. All those summers when Ron welcomed him to come stay at the burrow.

"Of course he can," he replied. "Any day is fine for me."

"Okay then," said Albus and smiled.

Then he thought about the way Albus and Scorpius said their goodbyes yesterday, and seemed to be more than friends. He wanted to make sure.

"Speaking of Scorpius. Are you two... in love or something?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Just curious. I suspected it yesterday."

Albus was silent looking a bit worried, until he opened his mouth.

"I hope you're not going to make a big deal about me being with a guy," he said.

"Of course not. I was in love with a guy as well when I was not much older than you," said Harry and thought about his sixth year at Hogwarts.

"Who?" Albus asked, but Harry did not reply.

Flashback

Harry was sitting in the couch in the Gryffindor common room, looking inside the marauder's map. Lately he's been curious and desperate to know what Malfoy was up to these days. He had been acting strange this term.

"Harry, I've told you to stop," said Hermione who was sitting beside him.

"Stop what?" 

"Stop having your eyes locked to that map. It's all you've been doing lately." 

"But I need to find out if it's true. What if Malfoy is a death eater? I need to know what he's up to in the room of requirement." 

He kept focusing on the map. At this point, Malfoy was in the Slytherin common room. Hermione  was just about to open her mouth before she was interrupted by Ron and Lavender coming trough the portrait.

"I'm going to bed," said Hermione rather upset. "Lots to do tomorrow." And she was off to her dormitory.

"Good night," said Harry with no response.

"What's the matter with her?" Ron asked.

"Tired by the studying I guess," said Harry, still looking at the map. Malfoy had just gone to bed. But who knew if he was planning something in the middle of the night? Or maybe Harry was getting a little bit too obsessed.

"Im going to bed. Are you coming, Harry?" said Ron.

"You go, I'll be there in a minute."

He could hear the sound upstairs of Ron and Lavender saying their good nights and their never-ending good night kisses.

"Night, sweetie," said Ron.

"Nighty night my Won-Won," Lavender cooed.

* * * * *

The next morning, Harry made his way to the great hall for breakfast. He took a peek at the Slytherins and found Malfoy sitting there in silence. Crabbe and Goyle where both sitting beside him, but he did not say a word to them.

"Harry!" said Hermione snapping her fingers in front of him.

"What?" said Harry breaking his distraction.

"Have you thought about who you're going with to Slughorn's party?" 

"Not yet," said Harry and started to hesitate if he really wanted to go.

"You should know that Romilda is still expecting you to ask her. There are lots of other girls to ask-" 

"Does it have to be a girl?" Harry interrupted. "I could have a guy as my date, can't I? As friends I mean." 

"And who would that be?" 

Without answering, Harry started to think. The first guy who popped up in his head was Malfoy. Wait... he thought. He was not taking Malfoy to the party. It would be wrong... or maybe not.

Malfoy was leaving the hall. Harry wanted to follow him to see what he was up to, but waited since he did not want to be seen. He did not want another broken nose.

"Dad?" a familiar voice called. "Hello? Dad!" 

Harry was back in Albus's room again.

"Are you okay?" Albus asked. "You seemed to black out or something."

"Oh no, it's alright," Harry lied. "I think I should cook some dinner."

He left the room ignoring the confusion in Albus.