Chapter 6

Harry's point of view - Flashback

During his first year, Harry was walking through the forbidden forrest along with Malfoy and Fang, as a punishment for staying up after curfew. In another part of the forest, Hagrid was walking along with Hermione and Neville. It kind of upset him. Why would he be the one to keep Malfoy company? But somehow it didn't feel bad at all. Maybe he should just try and do the best of the situation. They walked in further but nothing was found. Harry noticed the fear in Malfoy.

"Are you scared?" Harry asked softly. Malfoy snorted.

"Me? scared? Ha! Yeah right," he snapped, although his voice was shaking.

"Can we please for once just work together like people?" said Harry rather annoyed.

"If you wish it, Potter!" Malfoy snapped though he was still shaking.

To calm him down Harry put his hands on his shoulders.

"It's alright. We can do this."

In Harry's surprise he just nodded with no words. Maybe he wasn't as bad as Harry thought after all. For some reason he started to enjoy this moment with him. The kept walking.

"Hey Harry," Malfoy began which surprised him. Never had they called each other by their first names. "If we die I want you to know that-"

"Ssch!" Harry interrupted. "Look." 

They found a dead unicorn getting it's blood sucked by someone dressed in black. Harry felt his scar burning. Malfoy screamed in panic and ran away.

The next day it all went back to normal. Malfoy was Malfoy again and seemed to pretend that nothing in the woods ever happened. However Harry was curious about what he had to say before they discovered the unicorn.

Back in reality, Harry found himself in his office. He had been thinking about Draco a lot. Now that he thought about it he never really hated him. Not even in their first years at Hogwarts. More like something he was imagining.

He heard a knock on the door and it opened. It was Draco sticking his head inside.

"You busy? I was thinking about having some lunch. Care to join me?" 

"Soon, I'm almost done," said Harry pretending to focus on work. "Come in."

He went inside and took a seat.

"How is Scorpius? Is he comfortable at your place?"

"He seems to. I'm still sorry for judging him last year. He really means a lot to Albus I've noticed." Draco nodded in agreement.

"You know, Scorpius has talked nonstop about him lately. I feel like... the more he mentions him, the more it reminds me of what we had." Harry looked at him.

"That time has passed now," he said.

"I know that. However it doesn't mean we have to forget it."

Harry pretended not to hear that. I can't fall in love with him again, he's the father of my son's boyfriend, I'm happily married to Ginny and have a happy family, and nothing is going to ruin it. But all these memories with Draco wouldn't stop.

"Oh, and speaking of Scorpius," said Draco breaking the awkward silence. "On Thursday next week, we're going to visit the grave, so I'll fetch him at your place. Also he wants Albus to come with us if you don't mind?"

"Not at all. Are you guys coming back afterwards?"

"I think so. It depends on how long Scorpius is planning to stay."

"A few weeks I suppose. You're welcome to stay at dinner too if you'd like," Harry offered.

"I'll think about it," said Draco and smiled.