Chapter 37

Scorpius's point of view

Ever since that night he found Albus crying in the couch Scorpius was a lot more worried than before. He knew for sure that something other than school was up. He thought about when Albus tried to kiss him the other day. Was he still upset about him and Bianca?

His thoughts and worries were floating around his head as he found himself outside, sitting in the grass with Bianca's head leaning onto his shoulder.

"Have you thought about how beautiful it is out here? The view of the lake and all," she said.

"I know," said Scorpius. "I used to come here with Albus in the beginning of the term before it got colder."

"Ouch!" Bianca quickly shot her head up and let her forehead rest in her palms.

"You okay?" Scorpius asked as he wrapped his arm around her.

"My head is still hurting."

"Here. Lay down," said Scorpius as he stretched his legs out so Bianca could rest her head in his lap. She laid down on her back and looked up at his face.

"Why do you still hang out with Albus?" she asked him. Scorpius was shocked by the question.

"Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering. I know you guys made it up and all that but as I see it you seem to spend too much time together."

"Because we're friends! He's been my best friend since our first year, and I won't throw it away because of a relationship."

"But he's also your ex!"

"And now my step brother. Bea, there's nothing going on between me and Albus again," Scorpius said while stroking her hair. Bianca sat up again.

"You sure?" 

His thoughts of Albus worried him once again. He tried to shake them off as he looked at Bianca and smiled.

"Absolutely sure," he said. 

Bianca gave him a grin and pushed him down in a laying position and hovered on top of him, just like Albus used to do. But he couldn't think of him that way anymore.

"He's lucky to have a friend like you," she said and kissed him. He kissed back while scratching her hair before she pulled away and sat up.

"It's getting late," she said. "Shall we head back inside?"

"Yeah. Sure," said Scorpius as the two of them got on their feet. "I should go and check on Albus. He's a bit... stressed out."

"I understand," said Bianca and grabbed his hand as they made their way to the castle. "It must be tough for you in fifth year."

"It is," said Scorpius avoiding the fact that he was worried about something else.

Outside the dungeons they stopped to say their goodbyes.

"Good night Scorpius," said Bianca and hugged him.

"Night Bea. I'll see you tomorrow." They shared one last kiss before she left.

"Say hi to Albus for me." And then she was off.

When Scorpius entered the common room he found Albus sitting in the couch reading, while listening to relaxing music.

"Aren't you going to bed?" Scorpius asked.

"Soon. You go on, I'll be there soon."

"Albus, are you alright?"

"I've heard that reading and relaxing music helps when your stressed, so I thought I'd try both. I think it helps." Scorpius could tell he was lying.

"You sound like you haven't slept in two days," he pointed out.

"I'm going to bed soon, I promise. Now go on."

"Okay. Good night." 

He made his way to the dorms but then stopped. He turned his head and looked at his friend, who used to be something more. The sight of him reading along with the music. Before his eyes were locked on him he turned his heel and walked on.

The next morning he realized that Albus's bed was empty. Tired as he seemed to be there was no chance that he was already up. Maybe he fell asleep in the couch. He went to the common room to double check. His book and record player were still there so Scorpius prepared to wake him. But the couch was empty. Albus was gone.

________________________________

So in the original version, Albus is listening to a song that kind of describes Scorpius's current situation which is why he stops to catch the lyrics, however now I don't see the point why Albus would be listening to that song so I changed it.

I originalet lyssnar Albus på en låt som beskriver situationen som Scorpius är i vilket är därför han stannar upp för att lyssna på texten, men nu har jag svårt att tänka mig Albus lyssna på den låten så jag valde att ändra det.