Chapter 43

Harry's point of view

Harry was waiting outside the hospital wing while Scorpius was in there to check on Albus. The door opened and he saw Scorpius walking out.

"He's awake," he told him.

"Really?" said Harry. It felt like a miracle to him.

"Yes. He's waiting for you."

Harry walked in and found his son sitting in the bed. Without a word he took a seat on the edge of the bed and hugged him.

"How are you? Are you hurt?" he asked after releasing the hug.

"Just a bit here," Albus told him and pointed at his chest.

"Lucky I knew the counter curse. There will be a few scars though."

"I guess I'm gonna have to live with that," said Albus and looked down.

There was a silence.

"What were you thinking?" Harry asked breaking the silence. "Battling against her all by yourself, after what she did to you last year? You could have sent me on owl and tell me."

"I thought I could handle it myself," Albus muttered. "Plus I wanted to forget what was going on back home."

"You were ready to risk your life because you were angry at me?"

"Well, that's not what I had in mind really but good point."

"Is that why you wouldn't answer my letters?"

"I didn't even open them," Albus admitted.

They had a long discussion about the family and how to learn to accept they way it was now. Later Ginny, James and Lily came in. Each one of them gave him a hug, and even Ginny greeted Harry like an old friend. It was the first time they met after their divorce.

Scorpius's point of view

Scorpius was now waiting outside. He wanted to see Albus one last time to kiss him good night. Then his dad showed up.

"How is he?" he asked.

"He just woke up," Scorpius told him. "His family is in there right now."

"I'm sorry for being a bad father to you this year. I should have told you about Harry sooner. And I swear, I never meant for it to ruin what you and Albus had." Scorpius fell silent to catch the words and then he smiled.

"Hooking up with my boyfriend's dad behind our backs is unforgivable but..." He began digging through his pocket. "I believe this to be yours." He handed him the letter he and Albus found hidden in the dorm on christmas. Draco unfolded it and read it.

"I almost forgot about this," he said and smiled.

Before Scorpius could answer Harry and the others came out.

"Scorpius. You're still here. Brilliant. Albus wants to see you again," Harry told him. Scorpius nodded and walked in.

Albus was smiling at him when he saw him. Scorpius smiled back and sat down the edge of the bed.

"I'm here," he said. "Was there anything you wanted to talk about?"

Albus didn't answer. He looked down grabbing his hand and massaged it with his thumbs. Then he looked him in the eyes.

"Stay here tonight will you?" he said. Scorpius nodded.

"Of course," he said and kissed his forehead.

He kicked off his shoes before laying down under the covers. Albus leaned onto his chest and hugged him tight. Scorpius could hear him sobbing. He couldn't tell whether it was happy tears or sad tears. He felt the same way. He was glad that Albus was safe, but thinking of what could've happened scared him.

"It's alright, Albus," he said softly. "I'm here. And so are you." He kissed the top of his head before they fell asleep.