Chapter 38

Albus's point of view

Albus was back in Delphi's pub. It was cold in there. Colder than usual. He couldn't see things clear.

"Don't kill me, Albus. Please!" he heard a familiar woman's voice. He looked aside and saw Diana tied up and full of tears.

"Albus, help me!" he heard another familiar voice.

"Scorpius!" Albus said and turned to his direction.

There he was lying on the floor helpless. An evil laughter was ghosting around him. Then Delphi appeared surrounding him, pointing her wand at the helpless body. She gave Albus a look.

"It's up to you," she said. "Crucio!" Scorpius's body began shaking while he screamed louder than Albus had ever heard.

"Please stop it!" Albus yelled full of tears. "Let him go!" 

"You know what to do," said Delphi and pointed at Diana.

Albus looked at her and then back at Scorpius. Delphi had pulled him up on his feet, held him with a knife on his throat.

"Please don't," Albus squeaked.

"You're giving me no choice," Delphi snapped pressing the blade harder. "It's up to you. You know the spell. Just two simple words and I'll let him go. You have five seconds. Five." 

"Don't listen to her, Albus!" Diana yelled.

"Four." 

"She'll kill him anyway!" 

"Three." Albus was ready to do anything to save Scorpius, if only Diana's cries wouldn't hold him back. "Two." Albus tried to reach for his wand but his arms were unable to move. "One!" 

"SCORPIUS NO!!!" Albus screamed like those were his final words.

He woke up gasping for air, crying. It was only a dream. Only a dream. Scorpius is alive. He's alive. He realized that he had fallen asleep in the couch. He looked at his watch. Three am. After this nightmare he was terrified of going back to sleep. What if his dream was a vision? What if the events really happened? What if Delphi made it out of the cabinet? What if she had Diana, or someone else? What if Scorpius... No! Albus had to finish her for good, whether he'd die or not.

He entered the dorm to get the cloak of invisibility that he stole from James the other year, and also to check on Scorpius. He carefully peeked through the curtains. 

"Thank Dumbledore," Albus whispered as he found him there sleeping. He leaned in to press a soft kiss on his forehead. "I'm sorry, Scorpius. But I have to leave. And if I don't make it you'll be the last one I'll think of. I love you."

He crept out of the castle hiding under the cloak and made his way to Hogsmeade. When he was there he took it off since there were no sign of anybody. Suddenly he felt someone gripping him tight, covering his mouth so he was unable to scream for help.

"Think you can run away from me huh?" he heard Delphi's evil voice panting in his ear.

He tried to escape before he felt himself getting sucked inside a tiny vortex. He felt like he was about to vomit as he landed on a floor. He looked around and noticed that they were at Delphi's place.

"Get up!" she shouted as he felt her kicking his stomach. Although he was barely able to breathe he got up on his feet. "Well? Have you made your decision?" Albus took a few breaths before he could speak.

"You don't deserve to live," he said. Delphi laughed.

"Grab your wand then. Show me that you can fight like a man." Albus was just about to raise his wand before he was interrupted. "Petrificus Totalus!"

Albus's body froze and he fell backwards onto the floor. He couldn't move a muscle as hard as he tried. Delphi looked down at him and kneeled down to grab his wand.

"I would like to break this in two. But it's my only hope." she put the wands in her pocket and looked back at Albus. "How is it like being unable to move? Imagine being locked inside a cabinet. Thought you could get away that easy? You see, I still have some power left. I going to let it out on you until you do as you're told. And if you don't make it then Scorpius is next."

Albus wished he could spit her in the face at the mention of Scorpius. Delphi stood up and began walking around.

"I'm going to live for my father. I'm going to follow his footsteps and do what he failed to do. We may have failed changing the past. And that's why I'm changing the future." Good luck with that, Albus thought. If he was able to he would roll his eyes at this point. Delphi pointed her wand at his helpless body. "Crucio."