Chapter 11

Albus's point of view

It was finally the first of September and Albus, along with the rest of his family, were at king's cross on their way to platform 9 3/4. Just as they reached the platform, Scorpius and his dad were there as well. The boys smiled at each other and hugged. Then they looked at the pillar and  then back at each other.

"After you," Albus offered.

Scorpius grabbed his trolley and began running, then disappeared through that wall, and then Albus ran after him, before the rest of them came along. 

"Hey look, there they are!" said Lily full of excitement as she spotted the Granger-Weasleys.

"Before you go, Lily," Harry began and tried to stop her. "Here is you permission form for Hogsmeade."

"Oh. Right. Thanks dad!" she said and ran over to Hugo, her favourite cousin.

"And 'bye dad'," said Harry as he watched his daughter get on the train.

"Maybe she's ashamed of being seen with her parents at her age. Like you said to me," Albus ironically said. "Anyway, see you at christmas, dad." 

"This time you stay on the train! I don't want any letters about your misbehavior," said Harry just as Albus was about to get on the train. He turned around.

"Dad!"

"Don't worry about that. I'll watch over him," said Scorpius and then turned to his dad. "Bye dad."

"Bye Scorpius," said Draco as their sons got on the train.

The boys found an empty compartment to sit in. Albus went to sit with his back leaning against the window and let his legs rest in Scorpius's lap.

"Something was a bid odd out there," said Albus. "People didn't stare at me as much as they used to. Well... except for the first years of course."

"I guess the most of them are used to it now. The fact that you're Harry Potter's Slytherin-son. Neither I've heard anyone calling me The son of Voldemort."

"Probably because they've heard about... well." Albus couldn't finish the sentence.

"Delphi?" Scorpius assumed which gave Albus chills.

"We should have killed her when we had the chance."

"We're not killers, Albus", Scorpius reminded him.

"She is," said Albus and thought about the corpse of Craig, and was reminded of the horrible experience. "What if she hasn't given up? What if she comes back and plans something worse!"

"She won't," said Scorpius trying to calm him down. "It's almost been a year, she's imprisoned and nothing has happened ever since. There's no way she can escape."

"But still..." 

Their conversation broke off as the trolley witch showed up. They both looked up at her in fear.

"Anything from the trolley-"

"We're still here!" Albus interrupted. "We're not going anywhere, I swear. You can go on now."

She nodded and moved on. The boys burst into laughter as she left.

The carriages were waiting as the train stopped at the Hogsmeade station. Albus froze as he saw the thestrals. The thought of them had always feared him and when he was younger they would haunt his nightmares. This was the first time, after Craig's death, that he could actually see them.

"I know," said Scorpius and took his hand in comfort. "I can see them too."

They went to an empty carriage as Albus tried to ignore the thestrals.

"Mind if we join you?" they heard a voice.

They turned their heads and saw Joseph Price, a boy from Slytherin who was a fifth year as well, and a girl who seemed to be his sister. They both had the same red-brown hair color.

"Not at all," said Scorpius and made room for them.

Joseph was one of the very few who never made fun of them. He was polite, respectful and very social, and that's what Albus liked about him.

"Oh, maybe I should introduce you all. This is Albus and Scorpius. You've probably heard of them," he said to the younger girl. "This is Bianca. My little sister."

"You're in fourth year, aren't you?," Scorpius guessed. "I think I've seen you before."

"That's right," said Bianca and blushed. "I see you in the library a lot. I like to study there as well. And you must be-"

"His boyfriend," Albus cleared as she turned to him. "Albus Potter, nice to meet you."

"Just what I was about to say. You're one of the Potters."

"I am," said Albus not feeling proud at all.

"You should be proud," said Joseph. "Our dad almost died in the battle of Hogwarts. Your dad saved his life, he told us."

"Well... everyone else sees me as his disappointing Slytherin-squib."

"But you're not. If you were a squib you wouldn't even be here. And my dad wasn't a Slytherin either, which surprised me when I was sorted there. Dad was a Ravenclaw, just like Bea," said Joseph and pointed at his sister.

"Glad I'm not the only one," said Albus.

The thestrals began moving, on their way to the castle. Maybe this year wouldn't be that bad after all, Albus thought.